Shady shit - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 04:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
acid86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to acid86 Send a message via Yahoo to acid86
(Thread Starter)
Talking Shady shit

So. Long time no see. I had hip surgery and couldn't really do jack with my car.

I'm back yo, and the '92 318is is past due for some serious work. Took off the head case of the M42b18 today. Got as far as getting the thing tdc and ran out of luck. Can't seem to figure out how to get it to TDC manually. If you've got any tips, hit me up.

Secondly I'm cutting out the cat. ((No I don't care about smog. This -is not-, I repeat, IS NOT, a daily driver anymore. Got the hookup with a free car yo. Anywho. The Bimmer is the car i'm paying for with a loan, (1.5k left woot!) and the DD is a cheap ass 99 cavi that i got 100% free. I'm a lucky bitch I know.))
From what I can tell by looking at the Bently service manual, there's an o2 sensor in front and behind the cat. If I cut the cat out and leave the o2 in place will I get anything performance hindering or will it just be a light? Can I bypass the sensor by shorting it or any other way? Also, am I just reading the thing wrong and there's only one, cause I did get up under her for a few quick minutes before the surgery and I didn't see the second one.

Anywho. Hit me with your thoughts and I'm open to just about anything.

Oh! Yeah. Anyone able to get stats on the exhaust headders dimensions? I wanna know if I can take the 4/2/1 pipe setup to a 4/1 by possibly scavaging off other vehicles.

Forever scheming

Acid86

Pics to come.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

k.sidlosky is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to k.sidlosky
For technology take a long screw driver drop it down the plug hole, turn the crank pulley with a wrench.

For the post and pre cat o2 sensors I would say buy a high flow cat from eBay or something. Pretty much the post cat sensor just makes sure you cat is doing its job. So you shouldn't notice a performance loss. Also with a motor that small your going to want back pressure so you may lose some power and he stuci with a noisy car.

|Dinan Intake|Schrick Cams|24lb Injectors|809 HFM|M50 Manifold|TMS Stage IV+|Dinan Strut Brace|Samco Hoses|UUC Pulley||UUC SSK DSSR|DDM Coilovers|Fikse FM10|Brembo Rotors|Hawk Pads|AA Exhaust|Alpine|Audiobahn|Sony|
#3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 01:24 PM
1st Gear Member

acid86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to acid86 Send a message via Yahoo to acid86
(Thread Starter)
Gratzi

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)