BMW Werkz banner

Service Reset Tool

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Fadec40 
#1 ·
I found a service reset tool for around $45 ... do they come cheaper then this or is that average. Please provide a link where I can purchase. :p

#3 ·
I'm talking about the oil lights and inspection lights ... not the check engine etc. along with the service lights.

#5 ·
Its true. All that tool is is a simple switch. It has two pins that contact that ones named above, and when you flick the switch, the wires inside connect, completeing the circuit and shorting the system to force a reset.

#9 ·
Do yourself a favor and invest in the reset tool with code read. It will more than pay for itself when that Check Engine light comes on for not so serious trouble. Of course, that same paper clip will reset the check engine light but when that check engine light will not stay out due to a problem, you will not know what the cause of the fault is. It could be minor or it could be major. Now you will be at the mercy of the stealership who will charge you an arm and leg and can BS the hell out of you.

#12 ·
The only time my check engine light came on, I read the code,I replaced the gas cap and that was it. The dealer mechanic or any mechanic for that matter could have told me anything and charge me a fortune. Even if your mechanical abilities are limited, at least with the tool you won't have to take the car in for repar totally ignoramt of whats wrong with uor car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.