BMW Werkz banner

Security code for radio/ ? how do you remove radio...

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GCB 
#1 ·
and the remote alarm does not work property. is this due to my new battery replacement

#2 ·
A new battery in the car shouldn't change the functionality of the key fob unless the alarm is going off. The security code might be on a card in the manual book, if not you will need to remove the radio, get the number off the back, call BMW, and prove you are the owner. What model BMW do you own?

#3 ·
To pull out the radio, there are 2 small hinged doors at the edge of the radio. Flip them open with your fingernail. Then you will need a 2 mm allen key to unscrew the brass screws. The screws do not come out but they eventually release the radio so it can be pulled out. Fairly easy and quick to do.

#4 ·
Aw, y'all already beat me to it. :) Yea, my dad pulled mine for some reason (I can't remember, he just takes it sometimes and does stuff to it, *sigh*). Then, he was like, "Oops, I forgot about the code". It was a pain in the ass, but you just have to prove to BMW that you're the owner and they will give it to you if you don't have it. (As has already been said) Changing the battery made me have to re-enter the code but it didn't mess with my alarm. I'm sure that's another reason. What's wrong with it? Maybe you just need to replace your fob's battery?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.