Security code for radio/ ? how do you remove radio... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 07:44 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mikebishop is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Security code for radio/ ? how do you remove radio...

and the remote alarm does not work property. is this due to my new battery replacement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
A new battery in the car shouldn't change the functionality of the key fob unless the alarm is going off. The security code might be on a card in the manual book, if not you will need to remove the radio, get the number off the back, call BMW, and prove you are the owner. What model BMW do you own?

#3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:44 PM
n00b

qualicas is on a distinguished road
To pull out the radio, there are 2 small hinged doors at the edge of the radio. Flip them open with your fingernail. Then you will need a 2 mm allen key to unscrew the brass screws. The screws do not come out but they eventually release the radio so it can be pulled out. Fairly easy and quick to do.
#4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Gear Member

BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Aw, y'all already beat me to it. Yea, my dad pulled mine for some reason (I can't remember, he just takes it sometimes and does stuff to it, *sigh*). Then, he was like, "Oops, I forgot about the code". It was a pain in the ass, but you just have to prove to BMW that you're the owner and they will give it to you if you don't have it. (As has already been said) Changing the battery made me have to re-enter the code but it didn't mess with my alarm. I'm sure that's another reason. What's wrong with it? Maybe you just need to replace your fob's battery?
#5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 01:42 PM
GCB
n00b

GCB is on a distinguished road
Thanks for this. It appears to be the answer to my problem for the radio.

Would it also affect PDC and date and time, all appear blank on the idrive ?

Its an '05 7 series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)