Sea Foaming - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Motorface is on a distinguished road
Sea Foaming

Sup guys. have any of you heard of Sea Foaming? i'm sure you have but is it worth it? i havn't heard too much about it. i was thinking about Sea Foaming my car. i saw in a video that i could go under my hood and unplug a cetin hose and have the car suck up the Sea Foam straight into the engine while the car is running. what hose am i looking for on my 94 325is?

i know some if not all the stepps to doing this.
(Put the sea foam in a container, unplug that hose and cover it with you thumb, turn on the car, slowly have the car suck up the sea foam, once it's all used up turn off the car and wait 15 mins, turn on the car and rev up to 2,500 rpm and waite till all the smoke is gone.)
Motorface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 2004 ZHP 6SPD
Photos:
bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
i'm not sure if it will work in all models of bmw's, i know my cousin did it in his e30 with a vacuum hose. not sure about e36. maybe someone else can enlighten the topic.

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
bimmerguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
(off my original topic just a comment)

joshsanders82, i read below what you said and it said that you are one of the founding members of 145mph almost stock bmw club? i have reached that same speed with my almost stock bmw. the only things i have done to it is a cold air intake and ecu racing spec chip. exspet i reached about 150. (i just rounded up from 149.)
Old 03-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorface View Post
Sup guys. have any of you heard of Sea Foaming? i'm sure you have but is it worth it? i havn't heard too much about it. i was thinking about Sea Foaming my car. i saw in a video that i could go under my hood and unplug a cetin hose and have the car suck up the Sea Foam straight into the engine while the car is running. what hose am i looking for on my 94 325is?

(Put the sea foam in a container, unplug that hose and cover it with you thumb, turn on the car, slowly have the car suck up the sea foam, once it's all used up turn off the car and wait 15 mins, turn on the car and rev up to 2,500 rpm and waite till all the smoke is gone.)
^
l

(never mind that)

actually i think i just figured out where to inject the sea faom. first off where is my brake boster hose located on my 94 325is?

Last edited by Motorface; 03-07-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
Quote:

alot of people have used seafoam with great success. the one thing to note is dont be alarmed by the amount of smoke your car throws while its burning the foam off.

as for where to put it, they should tell you right on the site.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Car: 95 M3
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
First step in this whole process is to make sure the engine is totally up to running temperature. The warmer your car is the better the seals in it are and the smaller the tolerances are to avoid getting sea foam in any places you wouldn't want it. This also helps your engine be more durable during the process because the oil will be properly lubricating it at the time of the cleaning. On that note, the brake booster line right on the manifold is a great place to suck it up. Simply pull it off, and plug on a longer i believe 3/8 inch hose to it and it should fit snug. Start the car with your finger on the end of the hose or else it will cause a vacuum leak and then slowly suck up about a third of the sea foam. You will probably want a friend in the drivers seat keeping the rpm's up so your engine doesn't stall. When you are just about to use up all of the third of sea foam suck up a BUNCH and stall your engine. Wait 10-15 min for the sea foam to do its work. During this time you can add a third of the sea foam to your gas tank to clean out the fuel system, and if you plan on changing your oil within the next 50 miles you can pour the last third into your crankcase to clean the oil system. Next, plug the brake booster line back on and start her up. There will be a TON of smoke pouring out. The white smoke is the sea foam burning off and the black is the carbon in your intake. Run her hard after this to free up all the carbon in the intake system.

Final step, let us know how it went. Should work flawless, but product ratings are always welcome, to help others decide on whether or not they want to try something.
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 2-94 325i (auto&5speed) & 93 325is
Photos:
lezbiian sweetz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to lezbiian sweetz
its brake booster line....its doesnt suck it all up
i tried with ma car and i got scared there was smoke comming from all over....i wouldnt reccomend using sea foam because u dont know how much liquid ur car sucks up...take it to like a pepboys, delta sonic lube center, or regualr shop in ur area that has 3 part cleaning system..the 2 part cleaner its same thing as sea foam and they add cleaner to your gas tank aswell with 3 part the add air filter and the flow of liquid is even through out....about 30min wait and under 50 bucks for all n thats a good price
Old 03-11-2008, 03:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 2004 ZHP 6SPD
Photos:
bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Quote:
(off my original topic just a comment)

joshsanders82, i read below what you said and it said that you are one of the founding members of 145mph almost stock bmw club? i have reached that same speed with my almost stock bmw. the only things i have done to it is a cold air intake and ecu racing spec chip. exspet i reached about 150. (i just rounded up from 149.)
Cool Man, join the club! i have the same mods. I only got to 145 mph due to lack of road, i wonder if i can make to 150 also?

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
bimmerguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)