BMW Werkz banner

Ride Quality Question

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jllphan 
#1 ·
other than the suspension, what other factors contribute to a crappy ride? My ride is lowered on 18's, and recently have noticed my car being annoyingly loud when I drive. My only guess so far is that I need new tires, no doubt. How would I know when to replace my bushings, ball joints, bearings, control arm, etc...? Would these repairs make my ride much more smooth if I do?

Also, I've noticed a hissing, whistling sound accompanied by a rattle noise only when I first step on the gas. Another noise I've noticed while i'm between the speeds of 5-10mph, is a sharp like piercing sound like metal to metal grinding, but when I speed up it goes away. :confused Any suggestions you guys can give will greatly be appreciated! :yup Thanks!

#2 ·
Get new tires, this will help to start. With 18's it's probably harsh enough with new shoes.

Your rattle is most likely something that could jimmy loose under your car. Sounds obvious, and it is. Get it on a lift to find the rattle (ehaust, heat shield, etc.) and look at your bushings, ball joints, control arms, etc. while your down there so if they're cracked or worn out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.