Reputable Shops In Houston, Texas - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 10:21 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bfaneros is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Reputable Shops In Houston, Texas

I HAVE A 1999 BMW 328i THAT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH. I BELIEVE THAT I HAVE A AIR LEAK SOMEWHERE AND NEED SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE A LOOK TO SEE IF THEY CAN FIX THE PROBLEM. I KNOW THAT IF I TAKE MY CAR TO A DEALER THEY WILL CHARGE ME OUT THE BUTT AND MY QUESTION IS IF ANYONE KNOWS OF SOME GOOD SHOPS IN THE HOUSTON OR BEAUMONT TEXAS AREA THAT CAN GIVE ME A DECENT DEAL WITH QUALITY WORK. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
What is the car doing? What makes you think it's an air, or vacuum leak? Please, caps lock off, thanks!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bfaneros is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Vacuum Leak

The car is backfiring thru the intake and in the process of tearing into the the car i come across a lot of crumbled up hoses. The car ran like a top until i put some marvel mystery oil into the gas tank. I replaced the o2 sensors, spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, and intake gasket. Still backfiring. In the process of replacing all the parts i found a hose that was ripped and couldn't find where it was supposed to go to ... here is a pic of where it starts ( front of fuel rail , the striped orange and black hose )
#4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 11:32 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Well, that's sure a mystery hose. In any event, backfiring means unused fuel getting into the hot exhaust and detonating there. So whatever the problem is, it's causing at least one cylinder to fail to ignite, allowing that fuel mixture through to ignite in the exhaust instead. Now if what you're saying is that the cylinder(s) are firing normally but detonating out the intake, that would have to mean a bad intake valve. A valve that doesn't close for the ignition cycle. But I don't see how the compression cycle can complete in that event.

BMW

Sig by zeaq

Last edited by witeshark; 01-05-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)