Replacing til crank on my manual sun roof.. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 01:44 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lien is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down

Hey guys! I am new on this forum, so threat me nice I am from Norway so my english isen't perfect, if you know what I mean

Well.. Back to my problems.. two weeks ago I replaced the crank on my manual sun roof, because my crank was broken.. (The car is a e36 318i -91).. When I got it in place and tried to open the sun roof, I could only get it to open half of what it is intended to do.. I closed it, and after that I couldn't open it at all, because it's just the right side of the sun roof that is pulling down and back.. The left side isen't moving at all.. And when I am trying to tilt up the back of the sun roof it just pulls back the "interior hatch", even though the roof is tilting up..

I've asked som guys on a norwegian bmw forum, but they didn't know.. They just said that the wires must have gone in to fucked positions.. Anyone can help me with this?? THANKS!

Edit: The topic is wrong.. hehe.. "til" = the
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 03:29 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
ive seen this on an e34 once, however i was too busy to find out what was the cause, im guessing that one of the push rods in the sunroof is either bent, or there is something jambing it up.. im really not sure though because the e34 had a power sunroof

#3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 03:00 AM
n00b

Lien is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Okey.. I've talked to my dealer and he said that the sun roof repair was hell, and is going to cost me lots and lots of money.. They couldn't even guarantee me that they could do it, and if they couldn't I need to buy a new sun roof frame (about 1800), and that is to much money for me to invest in my car..
Do you guys have any tips on how to do it? Should I take of my roof and check if the lifters and levers are screwed?
#4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:04 AM
vwk
1st Gear Member

vwk is an unknown quantity at this point
Please take a look at the following PDF file, it's in Dutch but the pictures should say it all

http://members.home.nl/vincentkoeter/BMW.pdf

Euro E36 M3 3.2 Rebuild Project

27 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)