BMW Werkz banner

Removing sunroof for new headliner

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Locu 
#1 ·
Anyone knows how to remove the sunroof on 1995 318ti.
The headliner of the sunroof is so messed up. I would like to replace it myself.
I believe we need to remove the top first (the metal part outside).
I don't know where the pins are, and what are the right tools too.
:guns
thanks.

#2 ·
I couldn't tell you about it. I haven't heard of anyone doing it on these forums. I would think the job would be pretty difficult. I would take it to a dealer or a mechanic. I don't know though, it could be really easy.

#3 ·
Originally posted by life_is_good@May 19 2004, 05:29 PM
Anyone knows how to remove the sunroof on 1995 318ti.
The headliner of the sunroof is so messed up. I would like to replace it myself.
I believe we need to remove the top first (the metal part outside).
I don't know where the pins are, and what are the right tools too.
:guns
thanks.
Man, you don't want to take that sunroof out unless it is absolutely necessary, you can take out the headlining part of the roof without taking out the whole cassette, or even the rest of the headliner. You will have to close your roof and put it in the ventilation position where the rear end is tilted up, you then remove the screws on the underside of the metal part of your roof while its in this position. You can remove the metal part (that is the same color as your car this way), then you just take the floating headliner out, by observing where the screws and catches are. (PERFORM THESE OPERATIONS CAREFULLY). :thumbs

#6 ·
Based on the link that El Presidente posted... does anybody know where to get these clips that have come loose/broken to reattach the liner?

I've spoken with BMW and all they are willing to do is sell a new cassette.. for the low low price of $1k.

- Nate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.