| Hw does the hing thing on the rear side windows work and how can i get it to let the window come out? Anyone know? please help asap. thanx in advanced. |
I think I can help you, several months ago someone gouged the windows on my car with a spark plug and I had to replace them. On my car I had the manual type of rear windows, power rear windows were an option, I can't tell from your post whether or not you have the power or manual type, but I think I can help you.
The first step is to:
1) Remove the trim that is covering the rear pillar, (The one that houses the light)
I think that you already did this, upon removing it you will find two screws that
secure the "latch end" of the window. Unscrew those.
2) Now you need to look at the b-pillar, or (the middle pillar that holds your seat-
belt assembly). Pop off the plastic trim that covers the black plastic seat-belt
ring that your seat-belt is fed through. (its up by your head when you sit in the
front seat). Under that you will find a half-inch nut. Uncrew that.
3) Now you will see a black plastic knob used for adjusting the height of the afore
mentioned seat-belt ring, gently squeeze that and pull untill it comes out. Be
careful with this piece, its plastic and fragile.
4) You should now be able to remove the plastic housing that covers the b-pillar
and the seat-belt fastener, next you will see a 4-inch long metal device that is
used to adjust the height of the seat-belt. There may be two more nuts that
need to be unscrewed I don't remember exactly but if their there they won't be
hard to see or get at. Unscrew those.
5) Finally slide that metal piece out and behind it you will find two screws that
hold the othe part of the window in. Unscrew those.
6) Reverse order to re-install.