Join Date: May 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
This should help:
1. Make sure all doors, hood and trunk are closed.
2. Open the trunk door.
3. Open the drivers door and sit in the drivers seat.
4. Close the drivers door.
5. Turn ignition switch to on and off 5 times ending in off.(do not start the car turn to just before starting)
Your alarm light will turn on and the siren on the alarm will chirp to let you know it is ready.
(this can also be used to test if you have the alarm)
6. Open the drivers door stay in the seat close the drivers door.
7. Press any button on the remote. The light will flash to indicate your remote has been programmed.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 to program any other remotes, up to 4 remotes a car.
9. To exit program mode open drivers door leave the door open. Close the trunk lid and close the drivers door the
siren should chirp again and the red light will shut off. Test your remotes to make sure they work right.
******Note all the steps from 2 - 5 must be done within 45 seconds. Step 5 must be done within 10 seconds.
Link: 1997 BMW 328i - Free Keyless Remote Fob Entry programming instructions, procedures for all automotive vehicles
It sounds a bit like a rain dance however I know that it works, I have done it myself multiple times.
The keyless entry fobs for the later e36's look like this
Most is not all of them should be pre-wired for keyless entry / alarm system. If you want the keyless entry you can sometimes find people selling the keyless entry "brain" you need on ebay or here on the forums.
The button on your key is just a light, but I could see how that could be confusing if the dealership told you differently.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|ungo remote lock/unlock/start||jordanmg||3-Series (E36)||5||08-22-2009 09:28 PM|
|523i passenger door won't unlock!!||AC SCHNITZER 523I||5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)||3||03-13-2009 05:45 PM|
|Remote no longer unlock truck||resq45hero||3-Series (E36)||11||01-04-2009 06:19 AM|
|Remote Lock/Unlock Arm/Disarm.....||bimmerboy328i||3-Series (E36)||5||05-30-2004 05:58 PM|