Rear suspension squeek/ exhaust rattling Help!!!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 01:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Zq-8_dawg is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I have noticed that ever since I got my car a 1998 318ti that the rear suspension squeeks (groans) when I get in and when I get out. Now I am only 140lbs so I know that's not the problem. So I jacked the car up and looked for grease points, and I couldn't find any.

Where are all the grease points on these cars because I have yet to find one.

I also have a problem with rattling from the exhaust when I hit bumps and sometimes it sound like something is rattlingin the cat when it is cold but when it warms up it is fine

Other than that the car is awsome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 01:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Zq-8_dawg is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I found this so maybe if it is my cat I can get it replaced for free

2. Clean Air Act Warranty Provisions (42 U.S.C. S 7541 © (3) (B))
The federal Clean Air Act requires vehicle makers to provide two emissions-related warranties -- a production warranty and a performance warranty. The production warranty requires the vehicle maker to warrant that the vehicle is designed, built and equipped so that it conforms with emissions requirements at the time of sale. The performance warranty requires the vehicle maker to warrant that the vehicle will comply with applicable emissions requirements as tested under state vehicle emissions inspection programs for the warranty periods specified in the law (for model year 1995 and later vehicles, the warranty is 2 years/24,000 miles for all emissions-related parts and 8 years/80,000 miles for the catalytic converter, electronic emissions control unit and on-board diagnostic device). The performance warranty is conditioned on the vehicle being properly maintained and operated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)