BMW Werkz banner

Question On Front Wheel Bearings

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SuperFreaks 323is 
#1 ·
Well i had a loud hummin noise and my mechanic told me it was the front right wheel bearing, he doenst deal a lot with bmws, so i wanna get the part myself. Is there two parts to it or is it just one unit or whats the deal. If anyone else has had to have these changed let me know what is all involved, some prices, and if there is more than one part to the front wheel bearings, for 1999 323is, thanks!

#3 ·
Originally posted by SuperFreaks 323is@Mar 8 2005, 03:00 PM
Well i had a loud hummin noise and my mechanic told me it was the front right wheel bearing, he doenst deal a lot with bmws, so i wanna get the part myself. Is there two parts to it or is it just one unit or whats the deal. If anyone else has had to have these changed let me know what is all involved, some prices, and if there is more than one part to the front wheel bearings, for 1999 323is, thanks!
[snapback]306492[/snapback]​
The front bearing consist of the hub having the bearing pressed in into it.

You can purchase a whole new hub with new bearings, or press them in yourself, honestly, get the hub, youll get a new hub and wont have to deal with pressing them in..

Changing is easy. You just need the appropriate tools, such as wheel bearing puller, universal kit works for front. Big torque wrench, bolt needs 250ft/lb and a big socket that fits that bolt..

Get the parts at www.bavauto.com
get the kit that sells all you need for the wheel bearing, once you receive it, youll get anew bolt, so you can go out and get the socket that fits into it.

hope this helkps.

Victor.

By the way, im about to do this job on my car..

#4 ·
Originally posted by victorgallas+Mar 8 2005, 03:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(victorgallas @ Mar 8 2005, 03:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SuperFreaks 323is@Mar 8 2005, 03:00 PM
[snapback]306492[/snapback]​
The front bearing consist of the hub having the bearing pressed in into it.

You can purchase a whole new hub with new bearings, or press them in yourself, honestly, get the hub, youll get a new hub and wont have to deal with pressing them in..

Changing is easy. You just need the appropriate tools, such as wheel bearing puller, universal kit works for front. Big torque wrench, bolt needs 250ft/lb and a big socket that fits that bolt..

Get the parts at www.bavauto.com
get the kit that sells all you need for the wheel bearing, once you receive it, youll get anew bolt, so you can go out and get the socket that fits into it.

hope this helkps.

Victor.

By the way, im about to do this job on my car..
[snapback]306507[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
Hey thanks man, yeah i saw the front wheel bearing kit at bavauto, does that have everything i need? i didnt see anything about a hub in that? So are you doin this project yourself? if i had a bearing puller and a torque wrench id pry do it, but ill pry just let the mechanic do it, let me know how everytyhing works out when you do it and ill do the same, im gonna try to get mine done next week, its gettin kinda bad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.