Question On Front Wheel Bearings - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SuperFreaks 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SuperFreaks 323is Send a message via Yahoo to SuperFreaks 323is
(Thread Starter)
Well i had a loud hummin noise and my mechanic told me it was the front right wheel bearing, he doenst deal a lot with bmws, so i wanna get the part myself. Is there two parts to it or is it just one unit or whats the deal. If anyone else has had to have these changed let me know what is all involved, some prices, and if there is more than one part to the front wheel bearings, for 1999 323is, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
1st Gear Member

aheath is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to aheath
Quote:
Originally posted by SuperFreaks 323is@Mar 8 2005, 03:00 PM
my mechanic told me it was the front right wheel bearing, he doenst deal a lot with bmws
[snapback]306492[/snapback]

I don't know anything about wheel bearings, but I think you should find a different mechanic that knows something about BMW's.
#3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 03:26 PM
1st Gear Member

victorgallas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SuperFreaks 323is@Mar 8 2005, 03:00 PM
Well i had a loud hummin noise and my mechanic told me it was the front right wheel bearing, he doenst deal a lot with bmws, so i wanna get the part myself. Is there two parts to it or is it just one unit or whats the deal. If anyone else has had to have these changed let me know what is all involved, some prices, and if there is more than one part to the front wheel bearings, for 1999 323is, thanks!
The front bearing consist of the hub having the bearing pressed in into it.

You can purchase a whole new hub with new bearings, or press them in yourself, honestly, get the hub, youll get a new hub and wont have to deal with pressing them in..

Changing is easy. You just need the appropriate tools, such as wheel bearing puller, universal kit works for front. Big torque wrench, bolt needs 250ft/lb and a big socket that fits that bolt..

Get the parts at www.bavauto.com
get the kit that sells all you need for the wheel bearing, once you receive it, youll get anew bolt, so you can go out and get the socket that fits into it.

hope this helkps.

Victor.

By the way, im about to do this job on my car..

You are a BMW driver when you become part of the "Ultimate Driving Machine"

Fraude an Fahren
BMW > Bayerische Motorenwerke

Auf Viedersehen der herr

www.clemsonfsae.com
#4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 04:07 PM
n00b

SuperFreaks 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SuperFreaks 323is Send a message via Yahoo to SuperFreaks 323is
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by victorgallas+Mar 8 2005, 03:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(victorgallas @ Mar 8 2005, 03:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SuperFreaks 323is@Mar 8 2005, 03:00 PM
The front bearing consist of the hub having the bearing pressed in into it.

You can purchase a whole new hub with new bearings, or press them in yourself, honestly, get the hub, youll get a new hub and wont have to deal with pressing them in..

Changing is easy. You just need the appropriate tools, such as wheel bearing puller, universal kit works for front. Big torque wrench, bolt needs 250ft/lb and a big socket that fits that bolt..

Get the parts at www.bavauto.com
get the kit that sells all you need for the wheel bearing, once you receive it, youll get anew bolt, so you can go out and get the socket that fits into it.

hope this helkps.

Victor.

By the way, im about to do this job on my car..
[snapback]306507[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
Hey thanks man, yeah i saw the front wheel bearing kit at bavauto, does that have everything i need? i didnt see anything about a hub in that? So are you doin this project yourself? if i had a bearing puller and a torque wrench id pry do it, but ill pry just let the mechanic do it, let me know how everytyhing works out when you do it and ill do the same, im gonna try to get mine done next week, its gettin kinda bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)