Question About Umnitza Lights - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2005, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
KevinTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to KevinTS
I have just ordered angel eyes from umnitza. I first ordered predators but I talked to some guy and said that they only have 1 year warranty and that ZKW COMPLETE+ Predator Chromium + HID/Xenon are lifetime warranty. So I got the lifetime warranty. I am wondering which how many K is mine. 4500K 5000K or 6000K How do I find out? The website says it is on option but i'm not sure if they asked me. How can I find out?
KevinTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2005, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Well, depends on what you ordered. They offer those in different temperatures. They have 4500K, 5000K, 6000K w/ Xenon/HID option. I'm guessing you didn't specify, if that's the case, give 'em a call, those guys are helpful enough, and will be the only one's who can really answer the question.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Does anyone know anything about the Red Wire with a plug at the end of the silver box. I can't figure out where to connect it too. I don't know what to do.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
pictures will help.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Oh well I got it to work now. I talked to someone from Umnitza. Thanks anyways. But if you want you can help me with this problem. How do I stop my corner lights from coming on when I turn on my driving lights? Do I cut wires or what? Also how come my high beams are not the same color as my low beams. Shouldn't it all be Xenon? Or do I have to order something different.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Your high beams are halogens. That is why they are not the same color as your low beams. You were not ripped off or anything. Nobody has Xenon high beams (I am sure there are exceptions). Only halogens are appropriate for quick flickering on/off, etc. Furthermore, they are not used as often, so they are not as critical as you low beams are.

For the parking light delete, all you have to do is insulate one of the terminals on the bulb. I am not sure which of the two. Search Google for "E36 parking light delete" or something similar. I am sure you will find what you need.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Yeah someone aboved mentioned that flickerign your HiD's on and off isnt good that is why theya rent common on high beams. It's just bad for them all together.

Did you figure out the red wire? Was it daylight driving lights?

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
1. the red wire is for the XENON ballast box that connects to the E36s OEM headlight low beam wire plug.

2. I f you didn't specify what u wanted from Umnitza they usually send you 4500 K or 5000 K temp Xenon HID by default.

3. To disable parking light find three wires that run to the bulb. BROWN is always ground so don't cut that. The other two wires will be for PArking light and Blinkers. Now unscrew your fender blinkers and you'll see two wires there. BROWN will be ground, but the other wire will be some color...either grey, blue, purple, or yellow. Remember the color. No go back to the corner light and you'll see that color again on the wire that you are NOT cutting-this wire is the turn signal blinker wire. Now cut the other wire..whatever color it is...and wrap up the exposed ends. and you are done. Parking Light Delete COmpleted.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
I am wondering how can I change my high beams out to a super bright white. What company makes super bright white. The bulb is an offroad bulb. For ZKW Complete with angel eyes. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Anything else besides the color yellow.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
You can get Sylvania Silverstars, or PIAA Superwhiite bulbs, or some other good-quality "as good to HID as you can get" halogens. I don't know of any other brands that I would recommend.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Quote:
Originally posted by Delmarco@Jul 17 2005, 07:59 AM
3. To disable parking light find three wires that run to the bulb. BROWN is always ground so don't cut that. The other two wires will be for PArking light and Blinkers. Now unscrew your fender blinkers and you'll see two wires there. BROWN will be ground, but the other wire will be some color...either grey, blue, purple, or yellow. Remember the color. No go back to the corner light and you'll see that color again on the wire that you are NOT cutting-this wire is the turn signal blinker wire. Now cut the other wire..whatever color it is...and wrap up the exposed ends. and you are done. Parking Light Delete COmpleted.
[snapback]362990[/snapback]
Or if you don't want to cut any wires, just throw a piece of electrical tape over one of the two contact points on the back of the parking light bulb. The parking light bulbs are dual filiment bulbs, one for parking light, and one for the blinker.

Just remove the bulb, and throw a hunk of tape over the filament lead that is meant for the parking light lead.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)