Question About My Interior - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2005, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mason, Ohio
Car:
Posts: 190
Photos:
newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
Ok, I have this little problem & I am not to sure how to fix it. They material on my sunroof got caught on something when I went to open it and it ripped off, so there is just this black plastic stuff with glue and foam resin on it. I don't know what to do. HELP PLEASE.........
newbimmerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b
 
SILVERSTAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NEW YORK
Car:
Posts: 24
Photos:
SILVERSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you just explain it a little better maybe we can help !!!
SILVERSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mason, Ohio
Car:
Posts: 190
Photos:
newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
Quote:
Originally posted by SILVERSTAR@Apr 2 2005, 10:10 PM
Can you just explain it a little better maybe we can help !!!
[snapback]324154[/snapback]
I will definetly take pictures of it tomarrow, and post them tomarrow, thanks...
newbimmerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gear Member
 
BeachBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Car: 2012 328i
Posts: 3,805
Photos:
BeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by newbimmerdriver+Apr 2 2005, 09:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(newbimmerdriver @ Apr 2 2005, 09:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SILVERSTAR@Apr 2 2005, 10:10 PM
Can you* just explain it a little better maybe we can help !!!
[snapback]324154[/snapback]
I will definetly take pictures of it tomarrow, and post them tomarrow, thanks...
[snapback]324175[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

omg, but I don't think the interior is that expensive to replace, maybe a hundred bucks? Post pics, def. though!
BeachBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Power Shifting
 
Cruzin 323is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Carle Place, NY
Car:
Posts: 3,677
Photos:
Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
your gunna need a new headliner.. which can cost somewhere around 100 bucks.. u should try a search on headliner
__________________
-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6


stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
Cruzin 323is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
5th Gear Member
 
TMac325is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Severna Park, Maryland
Car:
Posts: 1,090
Photos:
TMac325is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TMac325is
the pics will definately help us visualize whats up with it though, post em up when you can
__________________

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>T-Mac</span>
95' BMW 325is Jet Black, 5 speed
Xtec 6000k HID kit, DDE Enhanced, Euro Ellipsoids, M3 Front Bumper, Color-matched rear,
Alpine Mp3/CD, 20% tint, M3 Contour Rims, Smoked Corners, front lip
Clear Side markers, K&amp;N Performance Filter, Debaffle, Color-matched side skirts</span>
TMac325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
5th Gear Member
 
jshearer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Car: 1994 325is
Posts: 1,071
Photos:
jshearer is an unknown quantity at this point
OK If it is a new headliner then read this.

I just replaced mine.

I went to three different places to look into getting my sagging headliner fixed and found that because the material is think they can't reglue it without looking like crap and glue soaking through. So new headliner it was. First place wanted $375, second $450, third $200. I went with the third. The headliner is in now and it looks fine, it doesn't match perfectly but not bad for the tan interior(tan is harder to match then black or gray). They did the headliner on the ceiling the back 2 A-pillars, and the sunroof. It took them a full day because the sunroof is supposedly a PAIN. If the rest of your headliner is fine then I would see if they could just replace the sunroof part should no problems and it will be cheaper then the whole thing. One thing to check though is that mine now has a little bit of foam behind it(that is the way the material is), this is not a big deal if you replace your whole headliner but if you are just doing one section I would check the material and see if they can get the same BMW material.
__________________
<a href="http://imageshack.us"><img src="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3466/quicksignature20te.jpg" border="0" width="600" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us" /></a>
jshearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mason, Ohio
Car:
Posts: 190
Photos:
newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
Quote:
Originally posted by jshearer@Apr 2 2005, 11:54 PM
OK If it is a new headliner then read this.

I just replaced mine.

I went to three different places to look into getting my sagging headliner fixed and found that because the material is think they can't reglue it without looking like crap and glue soaking through. So new headliner it was. First place wanted $375, second $450, third $200. I went with the third. The headliner is in now and it looks fine, it doesn't match perfectly but not bad for the tan interior(tan is harder to match then black or gray). They did the headliner on the ceiling the back 2 A-pillars, and the sunroof. It took them a full day because the sunroof is supposedly a PAIN. If the rest of your headliner is fine then I would see if they could just replace the sunroof part should no problems and it will be cheaper then the whole thing. One thing to check though is that mine now has a little bit of foam behind it(that is the way the material is), this is not a big deal if you replace your whole headliner but if you are just doing one section I would check the material and see if they can get the same BMW material.
[snapback]324236[/snapback]
I am going to have pictures of tonight for sure, I spent all day cleaning my car and waxing it and I am about to go out to eat, so I will post them after dinner. Thanks so much guys....
newbimmerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mason, Ohio
Car:
Posts: 190
Photos:
newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
Alright sorry it took forever guys, but I finally got some pictures up. Any help would be greatly appreciated...THANKS
Attached Thumbnails
Question About My Interior-sunroof_1.jpg   Question About My Interior-sunroof_2.jpg  
newbimmerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gear Member
 
BeachBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Car: 2012 328i
Posts: 3,805
Photos:
BeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by newbimmerdriver@Apr 3 2005, 06:01 PM
Alright sorry it took forever guys, but I finally got some pictures up. Any help would be greatly appreciated...THANKS
[snapback]324803[/snapback]

Yea, go get an estimate and get that one peice replaced. Let us know how it goes, I'd like to know the price to get that fixed, outta curiosity... used
BeachBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
5th Gear Member
 
jshearer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Car: 1994 325is
Posts: 1,071
Photos:
jshearer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BeachBunny+Apr 4 2005, 12:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BeachBunny @ Apr 4 2005, 12:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-newbimmerdriver@Apr 3 2005, 06:01 PM
Alright sorry it took forever guys, but I finally got some pictures up.* Any help would be greatly appreciated...THANKS
[snapback]324803[/snapback]

Yea, go get an estimate and get that one peice replaced. Let us know how it goes, I'd like to know the price to get that fixed, outta curiosity... used
[snapback]325010[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Agreed. Try and get the same bmw fabric if possible and get multiple estimates, mine varied by $200.
__________________
<a href="http://imageshack.us"><img src="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3466/quicksignature20te.jpg" border="0" width="600" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us" /></a>
jshearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mason, Ohio
Car:
Posts: 190
Photos:
newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
Quote:
Originally posted by jshearer+Apr 4 2005, 12:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jshearer @ Apr 4 2005, 12:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by BeachBunny@Apr 4 2005, 12:43 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-newbimmerdriver
Quote:
@Apr 3 2005, 06:01 PM
Alright sorry it took forever guys, but I finally got some pictures up.* Any help would be greatly appreciated...THANKS
[snapback]324803[/snapback]



Yea, go get an estimate and get that one peice replaced. Let us know how it goes, I'd like to know the price to get that fixed, outta curiosity... used
[snapback]325010[/snapback]
Agreed. Try and get the same bmw fabric if possible and get multiple estimates, mine varied by $200.
[snapback]325025[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
Thanks alot everyone, I appreciate it, I will try to start looking around for estimates when ever I get the time, money is tight for like a month, so I'm hoping I can get some good low estimates, but I doubt that. Thanks again...
newbimmerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
5th Gear Member
 
jshearer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Car: 1994 325is
Posts: 1,071
Photos:
jshearer is an unknown quantity at this point
I know how it is sometimes to put off things becuase of money. I just bought new wheels and tires then turned around and bought some m3 seats, this is all right after doing the headliner and now i have a slow power steering leak.


Like I said I got my whole headliner including sunroof and back A pillars redone for around $200. I would expect the sunroof alone to be less than $100 and probably around $50-75.
__________________
<a href="http://imageshack.us"><img src="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3466/quicksignature20te.jpg" border="0" width="600" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us" /></a>
jshearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mason, Ohio
Car:
Posts: 190
Photos:
newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
Quote:
Originally posted by jshearer@Apr 4 2005, 09:50 AM
I know how it is sometimes to put off things becuase of money. I just bought new wheels and tires then turned around and bought some m3 seats, this is all right after doing the headliner and now i have a slow power steering leak.


Like I said I got my whole headliner including sunroof and back A pillars redone for around $200. I would expect the sunroof alone to be less than $100 and probably around $50-75.
[snapback]325140[/snapback]
I am going to get it quoted soon...
newbimmerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question On Painting Interior Plastic Trim... Delmarco 3-Series (E36) 2 08-20-2005 03:55 PM
interior trim question woobiee 3-Series (E46, E90) 5 12-21-2004 05:52 PM
Interior Question jrhaile 3-Series (E36) 9 11-17-2004 12:42 AM
Help!!! Custom interior trimmings silverbimmer2004 3-Series (E46, E90) 2 01-19-2004 01:32 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.