PUSH START DIY - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 12:54 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Q_BMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Q_BMW Send a message via MSN to Q_BMW
(Thread Starter)
Hey
I am experiencing some problems with my key lock cylinder and there is a possiblilty the lock cylinder might freeze in the near future so I was interested in a DIY for the push start button. I found one on http://www.geocities.com/e36rulz/DIY.html but the link for push start is down.

Also on the new mercs/bmws they have this thing if you have the transmitter in your pocket you can press the shiftknob and the car starts. has anyone tried that.

I do not have any anti-theft device now so am kinda concerned to have a push start without any security. How do i know if my car i spre-wired for the OEM alarm system ?
thanks
Q

;bimmer

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>JUST SOLD:</span> <span style='color:blue'>01 BMW 330i with Sport &amp; M Package(5sp)</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Past:</span> <span style='color:red'>1996 BMW 328i</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=10038932107&page=1&sort_o rder=0' target='_blank'>PICTURES!!</a></span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 01:11 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
theres one here. It's a great one done by El presidente. You can find it up in the FAQ section. Very detailed. As for security you still have to have the key in so it's ok for security. I'm not sure about your other questions.

edit: heres the link
#3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Defector

El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
there is a DIY in my sig on push start. It still requires the key to be in the ignition, you just don't have to turn it as far. If I press the button w/ no key, nothing happens.

If you want an alarm anyway, I reccomend stellar. They have a full line of alarms with various security features that work with the factory alarm port and cost less money. All BMWs 92+ are prewired, except for a handful of 92s made in 91.

<span style='color:gray'><span style='font-family:Courier'>1995 e36 3 Series RIP
1999 e46 3 Series BURN IN HELL
2000 MR-S Roadster= Current</span></span>
#4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 01:29 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
sorry to steal your thunder el pres, but i figured that you were at work because you didn't jump on it quick.
#5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 03:45 PM
3rd Gear Member

Q_BMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Q_BMW Send a message via MSN to Q_BMW
(Thread Starter)
Hey
how hard is it to install the alarm (DIY) ?
Q

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>JUST SOLD:</span> <span style='color:blue'>01 BMW 330i with Sport &amp; M Package(5sp)</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Past:</span> <span style='color:red'>1996 BMW 328i</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=10038932107&page=1&sort_o rder=0' target='_blank'>PICTURES!!</a></span>
#6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Defector

Quote:
Originally posted by the kid
sorry to steal your thunder el pres, but i figured that you were at work because you didn't jump on it quick.
I was.

Very easy job. Sat around from 1:15 or so until 2 online just waiting for the next round of usability testing to begin.

<span style='color:gray'><span style='font-family:Courier'>1995 e36 3 Series RIP
#7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Defector

Q: Do you mean in my alarm DIY? Pretty straight forward. The hardest part is getting a big hand back there. In my DIY I took it out to show the port and had someone with smaller hands plug it back in.

If you meant in general, check out my alarm DIY.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)