Projectr Lights with Angel lights install HELP! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 323i, 323is, Infiniti FX45
Photos:
BMerViXeN is on a distinguished road
Projectr Lights with Angel lights install HELP!

OK so I'm a girl, and I might not know everything about wires and wireinig and such, but I know there are girls who just like you guys make their bimers fabulous. But right now this is not the point ... the thing is, I got as a gift new projector headlights with angel eyes already in them. I decided to give it a try and replace my stock lamps with those new lights. everything is easy, I just reconnected the low and high beams and turn signals, but there are two wires for angel eyes (black and red) that I have completely no clue where they shoudl be connected in order for the "eyes" to work. I know they shoudl be connected with probably parking lights? But again not sure if i should splice some cables or what. I love when I get stuff with no instructions.

This is the link to what the lights look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8039832670

IF anyone has same or similar lights or if any of you guys who installed angel eyes themselves have any idea please help a girl in need. I feel such an accomplishment when I get to do thngs to this car myself.

I have a 1998 323 is. I already fixed the climate control myself (took me two hours!! but it works now) installed new stereo, now I am stuck with those lights!!

Thanks !!!

Luci
BMerViXeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Redbullrr is on a distinguished road
Hey Luci, its pretty simple actually. You can splice the wires for your turn signals/running lights. This way as soon as you turn on your park lights the Angels Eyes turn on. The other method is to run a switch so there stand alone. I think connecting it to your signals are the quickest most effecient way though. Just connect one sides red and black to the turn signal red and black if there not red and black remember black is always ground, so the other would be your 12 volt source. I hope this helps.
Redbullrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
According to Umnitza, it's the gray/yellow and gray/purple wires in the corner lights.
1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
tomctx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Photos:
Hey Redbullrr,

Thanks a lot for your input. I will try that, will run both cables to my signals, to the same socket? or just splice the signal cable and use the clam connector?
, now my other question is (stupid?) if I turn my blinker, will the angel eyes stay on or blink ?
Old 03-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Photos:
wait ... tomctx .... gray/yellow and gray/purple .... hmmm I think that's what I saw ... so in this case where do I run black and red to? Ahhhh ... hate being a chick sometimes .... :-/
Old 03-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Beign a chick has nothign to do with it. I couldnt wire angel eyes to save my life .

In fact I have had a set of angel eyes sitting next to me for the past month or two and ive just never installed them

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black

Last edited by ///M Power; 03-03-2006 at 01:54 PM.
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMerViXeN
wait ... tomctx .... gray/yellow and gray/purple .... hmmm I think that's what I saw ... so in this case where do I run black and red to? Ahhhh ... hate being a chick sometimes .... :-/
do you have a black and red wire on each headlamp? Or does one headlamp have a black wire and the other have a red wire? I thought angel eyes just had one wire to hook up. Maybe someone that has done this install can help. Second the "being a chick has nothing to do with it". At least you're interested and trying to do it yourself. A lot of men are scared to even start.
1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
tomctx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomctx
do you have a black and red wire on each headlamp? Or does one headlamp have a black wire and the other have a red wire? I thought angel eyes just had one wire to hook up. Maybe someone that has done this install can help. Second the "being a chick has nothing to do with it". At least you're interested and trying to do it yourself. A lot of men are scared to even start.
yes I have black and red on each headlamp. When you look at the back of each housing you have one wire set for each angel eye, so total of four wires, 2 blacks and 2 reds.

I was kinda brainstorming, and am wondering if I can hook reds and blacks together on each headlamp and then splice the signal light cables and connectem correspondingly to gray and brown, where red goes on gray and black on brown which in this case is a grounding cable. what do you think?

And thanks to all for wordfs of encouragment. I'm determined to get those sucker working by the end of the weekend even if I have to take the whole car apart!! :-)
Old 03-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Photos:
EUREKA!!! I did IT!!! I had a moment of wisdom during my lunch, I run down to my car, popped the hood up. spliced signal cables, connected cables here and there and voila, angel blue eyes came on, car didn't explode or something, so am super excited and happy about it. And can I just say, when you put your mind to it, it's actually pretty damn easy!! YEAH BABY!!! Thank you guys for your help and inspiration, now to another project. I need to post some pix on here. Now how does one add a pic t o ones profile?
Old 03-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BImmerN2B is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh boy!!! :lol:
BImmerN2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Quote:
EUREKA!!! I did IT!!! I had a moment of wisdom during my lunch, I run down to my car, popped the hood up. spliced signal cables, connected cables here and there and voila, angel blue eyes came on, car didn't explode or something, so am super excited and happy about it. And can I just say, when you put your mind to it, it's actually pretty damn easy!! YEAH BABY!!! Thank you guys for your help and inspiration, now to another project. I need to post some pix on here. Now how does one add a pic t o ones profile?
Take pictures.

Resize to appropriate size.

Visit imageshack.us

Upload photo

carry over the given website address for yoru specific photo here adn paste it in this window

Before the link write [img] and after the link write [/img]

enjoy picture

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
korsion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to korsion
Quote:
Which cables did you end up hooking them up to ? i just saw the thread.
korsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by korsion
Which cables did you end up hooking them up to ? i just saw the thread.
I ended up hooking up the ground cable (black) to the brown cable in the turn signal, and red cable to the grey one. In the turn signal there are three cables brown, grey and blue. I'm assuming that the blue controls the blinker, that's why the angel eyes stay on and don't flicker/blink when the turn signal is on.
I didn't want to cut or splice the cables per say in case those were wrong. Instead I just melted the plastic around the cables to expose the wires, and attached the angel eyes cables to naked turn signal wires. Before I made a final connection I turned my lights on to make sure it all worked, and it did.

I will take pictures and try to post them on here or include a link.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
korsion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to korsion
Quote:
I ended up hooking up the ground cable (black) to the brown cable in the turn signal, and red cable to the grey one. In the turn signal there are three cables brown, grey and blue. I'm assuming that the blue controls the blinker, that's why the angel eyes stay on and don't flicker/blink when the turn signal is on.
I didn't want to cut or splice the cables per say in case those were wrong. Instead I just melted the plastic around the cables to expose the wires, and attached the angel eyes cables to naked turn signal wires. Before I made a final connection I turned my lights on to make sure it all worked, and it did.

I will take pictures and try to post them on here or include a link.
Awesome stuff i have a set sitting in my garage that i dont have any wiring diagrams for either so this helps out heaps
korsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by korsion
Awesome stuff i have a set sitting in my garage that i dont have any wiring diagrams for either so this helps out heaps
well all I can say if I could do it so can you, the effect and way car looks with those is awesome, plus feeling of accomplishment:-) I know how it feels when you need some sort of diagram, manual, anything and it's hard to get, but thanks to people on here I made it and am willing to share my experience. Will make a diagram of how my connection works and some pix over the weekend. SO if you or anyone else is trying to pimp their E36 I can try my best and help with the lights I guess

Later boys and girls. it's after midnight in LA, I had a long day at work and full of excitement so talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great weekend!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)