BMW Werkz banner

Problems after trying for OBC Conversion in E36

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Crazy4Bimmer 
#1 ·
I tried to install the 18 button OBC in 1999 323IS for that firstly i disconnected the battery and then i removed

1. the instrument cluster(has 3 connectors (black, blue and white))
2. Air bag portion of the steering wheel.
3. Glove Box

I just removed all these and didn't able to start the conversion process as i don't have 18 AWG wires so i just again fit the above items at their respective places.

BUT after that when i drove the car i came to know that the instrument cluster is screwed up it's not working.. lighting is not working in it . .. no odometer , gas and temp needles .. means nothing is working in instrument cluster it's just showing the 'Park Brake' if its ON and ABS light.... and also the turn signals stopped working.

Please let me know what should i do .. where i made the mistake and how to resolve this issue.. i am just afraid now ..

Hope you guys can help me out.

#3 ·
Hi,

I didn't started the conversion process yet , till now i just pulled the things and put them back without changing or including any new circuitry , i just installed the things(instrument cluster, glove box) back with whatever connections and wirings they had earlier.

#11 ·
The other problem i saw yesterday is with turn signals. The left turn signal is wokring properly but the right turn signal is behaving differntly.
When you on the right turn signal it works properly for few seconds and then stops flashing automaticaly. Had to ON it again and again to keep it flashing until i make the turn.

So i need to open the instrument cluster again ?? or any other advise ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.