BMW Werkz banner

Problem With The Lock On The Trunk

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JAX 
#1 ·
1996 328I

Greetings,

I have another problem with my vehicle. It is difficult to manually lock and unlock the trunk lock. I insert the key into the locking mechanism, but I cant turn it right or left with normal force. I have to use a lot of force (to point of almost breaking the key) to turn the lock in the lock and open position.

I have tried spraying WD-40 into the lock hole, but it still doesnt work.
What should I do to get this lock to operate smoothly.

Thanks

#2 ·
well, how often do you use the trunk lock?

........better yet how often did you used to use the lock? im sure its probably starting to seize up, wd40 it again and let it sit in a warmer enviroment (if its cold where you live park it in the garage) see if it cant seep in and get the lock to work a little smoother.

#4 ·
Originally posted by ///Matt@Dec 10 2004, 08:07 AM
Taking so much force to turn suggests that one of the rods is bent or jammed. Try to peel off the inside trim and inspect the mechanism itself.....and good to see another St. Louisan
[snapback]247232[/snapback]​

I will try that.....

Likewise...great to see another fellow St Lousian

#5 ·
/// Matt
E24 M6
E30 325ic
E39 540i
E46 M3 - RIP
E46 330i
E46 330ci
E65 745Li - FOR SALE

Damn man ..... get a life .... U make me gelous man ... so many damn bimmers... where do you live ? Got inssurance ? :devil :joking:

------------------
I also think that something got jammed inside , better open , take it out and see it with your own eyes.
Try the key when it is outside and then you can se exactly whwre the problem is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.