Posessed sunroof - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
acid86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to acid86 Send a message via Yahoo to acid86
(Thread Starter)
Posessed sunroof

Hi,

so i've got a '92 318is and yeah, she's a project car but none the less i seem to have a posessed sunroof! it's pretty off and on as to when it wants to work but the only trend i can spot is that it usually doesnt want to open or close untill i've driven down the road for a good 10 to 15 minutes. at that point it'll work fine untill i turn the car off. granted this is only a spotty behavior but most of the time it's just really sporadic. i've checked the fuses and changed them just to be sure, they're fine, the wiring seems ok altho i havent had a chance to rip off all the molding and pannels to check it all, and even when i play with the wires that are directly available it doesn't seem to have any effect what so ever.

so, ideas, coments, do i need to have an exorcisim for my baby, or am i just flipping retarted or what? just help, please

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM
1st Gear Member

jmo69 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Check your comfort relay, don't know where it is but it does affect sunroof operation, ie lock the door with the key and hold in the lock pos. windows close and sunroof closes. Just a guess

Cosmos schwartz metalic Sparco strut brace factory X-brace 55w 6000k HID w/LED angel eyes smoked Lamin-X blacked out sidemarkers,tails and brakelights. DDM smoked corners and pedals. 35% tint all around, Prosport water temp and oil pressure gauges, Home Depot lip, M3 rear diffuser ASC-T delete.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member

acid86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to acid86 Send a message via Yahoo to acid86
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
Check your comfort relay, don't know where it is but it does affect sunroof operation, ie lock the door with the key and hold in the lock pos. windows close and sunroof closes. Just a guess
i'll definately try that but that closes everything, if i'm not mistaken, so how do i get it to open? should i finally break down and take my beastie to a legit dealer and see if they can figure it out?

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
#4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Neutral Member

Texbeamer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid86 View Post
Hi,

so i've got a '92 318is and yeah, she's a project car but none the less i seem to have a posessed sunroof! it's pretty off and on as to when it wants to work but the only trend i can spot is that it usually doesnt want to open or close untill i've driven down the road for a good 10 to 15 minutes. at that point it'll work fine untill i turn the car off. granted this is only a spotty behavior but most of the time it's just really sporadic. i've checked the fuses and changed them just to be sure, they're fine, the wiring seems ok altho i havent had a chance to rip off all the molding and pannels to check it all, and even when i play with the wires that are directly available it doesn't seem to have any effect what so ever.

so, ideas, coments, do i need to have an exorcisim for my baby, or am i just flipping retarted or what? just help, please
your relay is going..so either take it apart and clean the contacts or just get a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)