please help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:53 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
russ16 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
please help

ok, so i know alot of you have replied to a post just like this one, i have read them and i was certain about my choice but now that i have done a lot more research im confused as to what i want to do.....
first things first (not to sound rude but) moneys no option,

project car 95 318IS (im now to find that the 318 I and the IS is a different engine?!?!?)

i want to turbo this lil pup, dinan chip turbo kit exhaust and intake. i have called dinan they are shipping the chip i have found a turbo kit for the 318IS (relatively cheap compared to what i have heard on these posts)

do i HAVE to have an upgraded ecu when the kit comes with a fuel pressure regulator?

I am under the understanding that 7psi (which is all i want) is ok to do on a stock internal engine, therefor i am only concerned about the ecu issue.

im not stupid yes i have an srt4 neon that CAME turbo'd so i havent EVER done a conversion like this, my turbo car came that way and ugrading it was straight forward. so this in mind be nice when replying im new to the bmw brand and am not 100% sure about them.

i AM turboing this car regardless i just need to know if the ECU is a must and what the difference is going to be on the 318I and the 318IS since this may mean more power?

thank you for reading and for you input guys i look forward to posting with any and all upgrades this baby gets!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
russ16 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
oops

forgot to mention i do have R.C.T.S tuning the car (they car reprogram the stock ecu to handle the boost but have recommended an aftermarket turbo ecu) where would i find one???? as i said i have a domestic turbo car the programmer (diablo) the turbo upgrades the engine work MUCH easier then this car......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)