Please Help! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 07:27 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dmatrix1 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Please Help!

Car: 1994 325i soft top Convertible
Automatic

I have searched and searched our threads, mostly found dead threads on OBC issues. So for all those that asked questions and found answers elsewhere please help. My OBC lights up the keys but not the screen, i swapped my buddies OBC and it still only lite up the keys. I have traced the wires and found no problems, i did find a green/purple wire that looks like a female fitting under the steering wheel it not plugged into anything. Fuses are all good also.

also, Do all BMW e36 come with keyless entry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Dumb question! You mention, fuses are good..... Did you check ALL your fuses.....looking in my Bentley Manual...
there are 9 fuses connected with the OBC......ready......fuses- 11[7.5A], 12[7.5A], 23[5A], 27[5A], 31[5A], 33[10A], 37[10A], 45[7.5A], 46[15A].

No.........
keyless entry on most e36's, are of aftermarket production......

jb

Last edited by johnnyBgood; 07-30-2009 at 08:15 PM.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
if all the fuses are good, then I would check that green/purple wire with the female end.
This is very odd.....does the end of that wire have a bare metal connector.....if so, it might have pulled out of the back of a nearby plastic connector?

#4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:14 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the help, Yes i used a tester previously on all fuses in the fuse box. Ive googled, looked for wiring diagrams but i havent found one that shows all wiring for the OBC just conversions. Here is a picture of the wire, not sure what it is, could it be a sensor like a temp sensor? Thanks for the feedback. here is the wire
#5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 01:30 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
just an update; im thinking of replaces all stock fuses with standard fuses. maybe this will make the OBC work. Also anyone know what this plug is for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)