Please Help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
BLADE-M3 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Please Help

hi guys great forum

my names LEE im form the UK
i have bought my mrs a 1999 [t reg] 316 compact and have spent the last few weeks repainting and modifying the body [i own a bodyshop]. i have now got round to sorting the mechanical out and have got a major problem, the rev counter or water temp gauge do not work. the water temp gauge moves when you turn the ignition on but never goes past the 1st white line before the blue area i have changed the sender unit but it made no difference at all. the rev counter just doesnt move at all..the asc button doesbt seem to work nor does the cruise controll seem to light anything up on the dash..i have checked all the fuses and everything i can think of..

please help guys i have a week to get this sorted as its a surprise birthday present for her next weekend..

thanks very much in advance for your replys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
There have been several cluster problems that have been coming up recently. If I have time I'll go through and try to grab some of the threads... It sounds like you may need a new cluster... Does the speedo read accurately? You also may just need to remove the cluster to check all of the connections or splice work that may have been done.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
BLADE-M3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid
There have been several cluster problems that have been coming up recently. If I have time I'll go through and try to grab some of the threads... It sounds like you may need a new cluster... Does the speedo read accurately? You also may just need to remove the cluster to check all of the connections or splice work that may have been done.
yes the speedo reads fine..

thanks i would very much appreciate if you could dig out some related threads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)