BMW Werkz banner

petrol cap problems!!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  miss20bmw 
#1 ·
Ive got a 93 318is coupe this is gona be a little hard to explain but any feedback would be great!

yestoday as i finished filling up with fuel or gas to the americans reading this, I noticed that when i screwed the petrol cap back on, the flap wouldnt shut right it felt really loose and now when im locking the car i have to hold the flap in so the centrol locking, locks it right!

after close insepection it seems there is no spring, is that the same with all 3series or has mine broke? any ideas what the problem could be? thanks. :wrench

#2 ·
some have a spring on the hinge assembly in order to keep it shut. Yours must have either broken or fallen off.

#3 ·
You are not alone... i noticed this on my car the other day but its been too cold to fix it, if you find anything out please help me.

#5 ·
Originally posted by Robdrmer1016@Feb 8 2004, 10:07 PM
You are not alone... i noticed this on my car the other day but its been too cold to fix it, if you find anything out please help me.
the flap seems to have fixed itself! i was coming home from work and noticed in my mirror that the flap was just blowing everywhere as i was going along! i thought damn its gona rip off but once i got home i went to try and shut it and it clipped back as normal! i guess the wind must have pushed it back into place!

wooooohooooo my bm fixes itself!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2 :driving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.