BMW Werkz banner

Passenger Window Exterior Trim

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  007ben 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have a problem that has turned into a pain in my arse lately.

A couple of weeks ago, i rolled up my passenger window and noticed the window offset when i came out to my car. What happened is that the trim that goes on the outerside of the window had gotten caught half way when the window rolled up and the window went on the outside of the rubber. Now there is a large indention of the window in the rubber and i have to do it all by hand (guide the window behind the trim) when someone rolls down the window.

Anyone know what it would cost or have a DIY to replacing window trims. I will post some pics of what it did since i fixed it this morning (passenger rolled my window down this morning :banghead.

Dave

#2 ·
I replaced my driver side strip because of something like that. i pulled it from a wrecking yard.

you have to remove the door pannel and drop the class of the regulators to get it out of the tracks so you can put the weather stripping clear on (it goes way into the door. )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.