p0335 pleasse hellppp - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 02:58 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
turbod1power is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
p0335 pleasse hellppp

My computer shows a p0335 code!!! So Can Anyone Please Tell Me How They Fixed That P0335 Problem My Car Has Been Acting Wrecklessly For The Past 3 Weeks, The Starter Has To Do An Extra Spin Upon Starting And The Rpm Hesitates While Accelerating. So Car Takes Longer To Start But Does Start From The First Attempt. Oh Also When The Car Is Started In The Morning Rpm Jumps To 1500 Rpm Then Rise Up To 2000 Rpm Automatically And Stops There, Then Comes Back Down TO NORMAL After A Few Minutes. i changed the crank position sensor and changed its wiring harnesses but thats not the problem!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Neutral Member

Marknhl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marknhl
My car has been doing much of the same thing. I didn't think it was a big deal, I was assuming it was the cold causing it. My speedometer and tachometer jumped around the one day and I thought it was going to be a problem but it just went away, never happened after that one time. The rpm gauge does jump to 1500 or 2000rpms regularly but the oil is colder and it's going to take more to get it moving around in the engine, yet again I thought this was normal. I've just been making sure to let my car warm up at least a little, long enough to get the oil flowing and then driving and haven't had many problems.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:59 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
but do you have your check engine light on?? i cant reach my top speed i can only come up to 120!! the acceleration is very bad, it feels like the car is hesitating, and also it doesnt react the same way it used to do, i wait for it 2 warm up for 5 minutes at least everyday. my bmw dealer said i need a new computer, i dont agree with that solution cause the car starts and drives!!!! i thank you for your reply,, seriously appreciated but im really trying to see if someone did sth. about this other than changing the computer!!!
#4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

chinonca is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbod1power
My computer shows a p0335 code!!! So Can Anyone Please Tell Me How They Fixed That P0335 Problem My Car Has Been Acting Wrecklessly For The Past 3 Weeks, The Starter Has To Do An Extra Spin Upon Starting And The Rpm Hesitates While Accelerating. So Car Takes Longer To Start But Does Start From The First Attempt. Oh Also When The Car Is Started In The Morning Rpm Jumps To 1500 Rpm Then Rise Up To 2000 Rpm Automatically And Stops There, Then Comes Back Down TO NORMAL After A Few Minutes. i changed the crank position sensor and changed its wiring harnesses but thats not the problem!!!

What does the p0335 code stand for? Thats the first thing you should look into to trouble shoot the problem your having.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
* P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

there u go

#6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedInfusion
* P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

there u go
ok if you replaced your crank sensor and wiring harness there is a good possibility that your ecm is bad, unless you have a wiring problem in the connection to your ecm. the problem your having is that your crank sensor is not properly being configured with your cam sensor thats why your having those idle problems reving up to 1500 rpms all by itself. if you have a schematic for that specific engine you can ohm out the crank sensor wires from the cranksensor to the ecm if those wires test ok your problem is deffinetly in the ecm. Hope you figur it out cause the dealer is very costly to trouble shoot that problem!!
#7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 05:12 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
the dealer said its the computer, but what is the difference between ECM,engine control managment modul, (EMS) Engine Management Systems, (ECU) Engine Control Unit , (DME) Digital Motor Electronics. THEY ALL SEEM TO BE THE SAME THING!!!!!
#8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 05:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbod1power
the dealer said its the computer, but what is the difference between ECM,engine control managment modul, (EMS) Engine Management Systems, (ECU) Engine Control Unit , (DME) Digital Motor Electronics. THEY ALL SEEM TO BE THE SAME THING!!!!!

They are all the same thing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)