Go to advanced auto parts... or where ever you got the oil from... and get a filter... Fram makes a good one.. the filter will come with all the washers you need.... there is a very small O ring (black rubber) that fits on the bottom of the Filter assembly Bolt..(ya know.. the one on top you have to wrench to get to the filter... there is an O ring on the bottom of that.)... it also comes with a few different sized washers... one for the top of that screw I was just talking about.... that fits between the head of the bolt and top of the filter assembly cap. And another should be a good size for the drain plug washer... You shouldnt really need to buy another drain plug.... I dont know why you would do that any ways.. unless you have striped the threads or something...
Make sure you take the filter out first... so you can let the oil thats in the filter assembly drain to your pan. That way you get all the old oil out you can...
Yes.... Provided that the car is some what off the ground
1) Take bolt that hold filter top down off.
2) Take filter out.
3) If you havnt already... jack the car up.
4) Take the drain plug out. Should be a 13mm.
5) Change out the O-ring on the bottom of the bolt that holds the filter cap down.
6) Change the O-ring out that goes around the filter cap.
7) Clean the drain plug off... and put new washer on it.
8) Once oil is all drained put plug back in. Just a couple good turns on a wrench.
9) Put new filter back in and put filter top back on.
10) Fill her up with oil.
Remember to let the car run for about 10-15 seconds before you check for a correct oil level as the oil needs to fill the filter assembly up again.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.