BMW Werkz banner

Oem M3 Suspension Vs. Uuc Sachs Suspension

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Rookie 
#1 ·
I was considering the UUC Sachs suspension system from Understeer.com for $699. It looks pretty nice and sounds like what I am looking for.

I told a friend of mine who works for the parts dept at BMW dealership and he gave me a quote for the entire OEM suspension from an e36 M3, which totals about $150 less than the Sachs system.

My questions are:

Which offers better performance?
Does the M3 suspension lower the vehicle?
Which will perform better?

I'm only looking to have a lil bit more fun when I drive, and am not considering AutoX or anything like that...my whip is an Auto

any input? thanks

by the way, here are the part numbers for the M3 suspension - right from the dealership quote

31-31-2-227-485 spring strut front
31-31-2-227-486 spring strut front
33-52-1-090-831 shock rear
33-53-9-059-403 set coil spring
31-33-1-090-770 spring

also...I dont even know for certain if these are the OEM M3 parts or not!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd go with the M3 suspension. It will lower the car but I'm not sure how much. I believe it will perform better as well. Just make sure you get all the parts you need. I think you'll need new spring perches as well if you want to switch to M3 springs.
Check out this site to get part numbers and pics:

Link

#3 ·
thanks for the info Mech9T8

#5 ·
I thought that in order to go to a M3 OEM setup you had to start replacing A-arms because their work and mount differently than the stock units do. SO it will probally be easier to go with the UUC. However for 799 you can go with an H&R cup kit which I have heard pretty good things about and is supposed to be a good lowering solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.