not sitting properly - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 04:58 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chrisec325coupe is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
not sitting properly

hello,
i have a 1995 323i coupe and a 1993 325i coupe they both sit lower on the right hand side (as you look from the rear) is this a problem with springs or dampers? any ideas would be helpful as i need to sort this problem without spending a small fortune on after market parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisec325coupe View Post
hello,
i have a 1995 323i coupe and a 1993 325i coupe they both sit lower on the right hand side (as you look from the rear) is this a problem with springs or dampers? any ideas would be helpful as i need to sort this problem without spending a small fortune on after market parts.
Yes......the rear springs are known to break, when I replaced my springs with the H&R Sport springs.......I found the right rear stock spring broken @ the very bottom coil......

johnny,

#3 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 01:03 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
The car will sit slightly lower to compensate for the weight of a driver. The 50/50 weight distribution assumes a driver and no passengers. I forget the weight it assumes but it should not be a big difference. If it is very noticeable then you may have some issues. If it is not very noticeable than it is actually normal.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 AM
n00b

Chrisec325coupe is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybayonne View Post
Yes......the rear springs are known to break, when I replaced my springs with the H&R Sport springs.......I found the right rear stock spring broken @ the very bottom coil......

johnny,
Thanks Johnny, i will get this checked out and let you know how i got on.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Neutral Member

garbone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garbone
+1 thekid

the e36 has a natural lean to the right inorder to compensate the driver for a balanced suspension. If your vehicle has a difference in height per side thats greater than a few inches i would suspect springs since the hieght of the vehicle is dependant on springs. im not sure on the actual difference from side to side but IMHO if its not huge ie. 2 or more inch difference, leave it so your not offseting the balance of the vehicle.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 02:09 AM
n00b

saltycdawg is on a distinguished road
Just to re-iterate, if you have stock suspension and are sitting more than 1/2 to an inch off something isn't right. Jack up the car from the frame and look at the springs, this isn't something you want to wait on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)