Noise coming from the rear( driver side) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
keep it boring is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Noise coming from the rear( driver side)

Let me tell you my story, about 7 month ago I repalced my back shock mounts and shocks. Everything was fine until about 3 weeks when the clunking noise began. I took it to the shop where they took off the carpet from the back with the seats, he checked all the bolts and nothing was out of it place so we took a drive with my mechanic in the back listening and trying to pinpoint the problem, the noise was coming from the left shock mount. So what he did, he took both left and right mounts and shocks off and switched them, after that the noise was gone and I drove away, this was about 2 weeks ago. Today the noise came back and it still on the left side. Does anyone know what could be making that noise.

Mounts and shocks are oem.

thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:32 AM
n00b

xxxEMRExxx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it boring View Post
Let me tell you my story, about 7 month ago I repalced my back shock mounts and shocks. Everything was fine until about 3 weeks when the clunking noise began. I took it to the shop where they took off the carpet from the back with the seats, he checked all the bolts and nothing was out of it place so we took a drive with my mechanic in the back listening and trying to pinpoint the problem, the noise was coming from the left shock mount. So what he did, he took both left and right mounts and shocks off and switched them, after that the noise was gone and I drove away, this was about 2 weeks ago. Today the noise came back and it still on the left side. Does anyone know what could be making that noise.

Mounts and shocks are oem.

thanks for any help
i have the same problem on the drivers side, with my car n i still havent been able to find out what it is. Like you said i changed the shocks and mounts but i still hear that stupid noise everytime i go over a bump. let me know if you ever get to the bottom of this. thanx.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 12:08 PM
n00b

poshsoduk is on a distinguished road
Hi
I had the same problem....its your swinging arm Rubbers......They need to be replaced.
Can be quite difficult without the right tools.....And would be better to rplace both at the same time .. otherwise without a doubt a couple of weeks later the other side will go too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)