BMW Werkz banner

no high beam lights

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
I am in Canada and have a 1997 328is that was brought into Canada from the us.The car was built 11/96 and does not have daytime running lights. I need to have daytime running lights for the car to pass a safety here. I ordered a daytime running module and removed the high beam relay and installed it. It did not work I put the old high beam relay back in and I do not have any high beam lights now as well no fog lites and no 4 way flashers After doing all the normal checks as to why the lights dont work I am at a loss as to what is wrong. As Im sure some one is going to say that the daytime running module is bad I have a second bmw which is a 1997 328I with a build date of 06/97 and the module works in that car. As a side note the wiring in the 328is the us car seems to be different than the other one any help here is greatly app.

1 is there a diff way to make the lites work.
2 does any one know what I may have done to my car by plugging in this relay
3 is there another spot for the high beam relay other than under the dash on the left side of the steering wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.