BMW Werkz banner

No Crank No Start

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  VertE36 
#1 ·
I have a 1996 328I Convertible I was driving this morning went over a bump the A/C fan went off, A/C module lights stuk in position stayed on, and the On Board Computer Turned off. When I got to work I turned the car off and now it won't restart. I get all the lights, (no OBC or A/C lights) headlights bright, NO CRANK, NO CLICK, NO START. I just bought the car yesterday and its started 5 times just fine, now WTF? I am stuck at work please help!!!

Oh and I could not compression start this 5 speed, I may not have been rolling fast enough.

It does not have an alarm that I know of just keyless entry

Theories: I dont have 9.6 volts so the computer wont come on?
It has a kill switch? but where?
I have no owners manual so I have no relay map.

Questions: Anyone have a map of the relay's?
Anyone know where the "other" fuse box(s) are?
Anyone know where a kill reset switch is?

Please help
Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
...that sucks man do you have a volt meter to seel the voltage at the battery but if the headlights are bright battery should be fine you might of lost a relay.... that suck about just buying it and this happends....

#3 ·
diag

It has 12.5 volts
i reset the puter' 2 min no batt then reconnected batt 15 min in key position 1
i tried to push start it, no go
i swapped all realays
i have a blown fuse for the clock 31
i disconnected the battery, grounded the ecm/pcm turned on the headlights to drain capacitors eveywhere, took out pcm, looked for pulled harness pins. shook it for loose shit, all good, hooked back up, reconnected battyery

i hold FAA Airframe Power plant licenses and FCC avionics
i hold the ase master technicians certification
i am certified in ford and Chevy
my scanner cant do euro, that will change.

its at the dealer now, Im getting 'autotap" for my laptop...

help if you can and I will post.

chris/Vertikill/VertE36 :emo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.