BMW Werkz banner

Newbie With A Question

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MrM3 
#1 ·
Hey Gang,
First let me say AWESOME SITE. I hope to learn a lot here. Question for ya...

I'm looking for a late model, '95 - '97, 3 Series convertable. Can you give me some guidance as to what to look / look out for, what prices to expect, etc., in these years? Thanks in advance for your help.

Marvin :wave

#3 ·
personally, i look for certified-pre owned bmws. these cars are taken to bmw and bmw themselves check everything and replacing any faulty parts prior to sale. maybe its psychological, but i tend to feel safer and satisfied. Certified-Pre owned bmws can be found in any bmw dealer or you can have a vehicle search at www.bmwusa.com under 'virtual center>vehicle search'

i think the years you want 95-97 do not have double vanos which is bmw's variable valve timing. this is one of bmws major improvements in their engines.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info and the welcome guys. I've always been a 'Vette guy, but now's the time for me to get the other toys that I want.

My wife's gonna kill me, but hey, you only live once :thumbs

#6 ·
Originally posted by Scarface@Jul 21 2003, 09:47 PM
... where is Buford,GA in relation to ATL?
Buford is about 25 miles North of Atlanta on I-85 North. I'm one exit above the Mall of GA.

#8 ·
Originally posted by Scarface@Jul 21 2003, 10:52 PM
I am in Anniston, AL
I know exactly where Anniston is. I hang out at Jacksonville State alot. I'm way into drum and bugle corps. Spirit drum corps practices at JSU and my senior drum corps, the Atlanta CorpsVets, frequently have a show there. In fact, we are going to be performing at JSU this Thursday, 7/24/03. I'm one of the drum majors; if you're into it, come check us out.

#9 ·
Originally posted by woobiee@Jul 21 2003, 09:56 PM
personally, i look for certified-pre owned bmws. these cars are taken to bmw and bmw themselves check everything and replacing any faulty parts prior to sale. maybe its psychological, but i tend to feel safer and satisfied. Certified-Pre owned bmws can be found in any bmw dealer or you can have a vehicle search at www.bmwusa.com under 'virtual center>vehicle search'

i think the years you want 95-97 do not have double vanos which is bmw's variable valve timing. this is one of bmws major improvements in their engines.
Welcome MHFontaine

a certified pre-owned bimmer does give alot of piece of mind, but they are only good for 6-7years from the production date so a 97 bimmer would only have a couple more months left on the warranty and anything older would already have an expired warranty. plus at that age they would be hard to find in the first place

1994-95 cabrios had M50 2.5L 6cyl and M42 1.8L 4cyl engines
1996-97 had M52 2.8L 6cyl and M44 (1.9L) 4cyl engines
1998-99 had the M52 2.8L plus a M52 2.5L (323) to replace the 4cyl 318
all had single vanos, the M3 cabrios came in around 98 i think

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.