Newb - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:01 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
chico_kj_23 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Newb

Hi guys. I'm new to the BMW scene and just wondered what your guys opinions of the E36 are? I'm looking at buying one and just wanted some more personal comments from the people that own them. Any ways, hope I get to meet you all and learn lots about BMW's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:26 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
I hate them, they are crap...

That being said I love mine. I love the balanced feel of the car, the way it handles and the way it is designed/looks.

That being said, the negatives of the car are potentially high maintiance cost and premium price for good condition.

Basically there is the potential for an E36 to cost you a lot of money. But in my opinion if you buy smart and end up with a good car it will not cost much more than any other and you will be very pleased with driving it. So we can help steer you towards an appropriate year/model, how much money are you planning on spending?
#3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:36 AM

DesmoBob is an unknown quantity at this point
greetings

you will find E36s very user friendly

here is a good thread for things to look out for:
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36868

#4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 09:53 PM
2nd Gear Member

SpooldUp will become famous soon enough SpooldUp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SpooldUp
Love mine! It is awesome when people look at you when you are just cruzin. They are expensive to maintain, especially if you do not do your own work. All around a good car with a good 'to the road' feel. You can spend anywhere from 5k to 20k on one. Before 1997 (OBDI) they had a bit more hp, but the 323 has better mpg!

Test drive one today!

Welcome!

'99 323i 5spd

<CENTER>

</CENTER>

where's my beer?
best website ever

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

Last edited by SpooldUp; 10-25-2005 at 02:26 PM.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:05 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid
I hate them, they are crap...

That being said I love mine. I love the balanced feel of the car, the way it handles and the way it is designed/looks.

That being said, the negatives of the car are potentially high maintiance cost and premium price for good condition.

Basically there is the potential for an E36 to cost you a lot of money. But in my opinion if you buy smart and end up with a good car it will not cost much more than any other and you will be very pleased with driving it. So we can help steer you towards an appropriate year/model, how much money are you planning on spending?
thanks for the insite. i look to be spending around $12,500.00 canadian(not sure what that is in US dollars). in perticular i was looking at cars in the 1994-95 year range.(fits my budget best.)i was also leaning towards the coupe.(if possible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrhaapi
The manifold connects to the head, the head to the block. Using the word "manifold" to describe the block would be like calling a girl's face her vagina. Sure you could try to fuck it but she'll probably get mad and bite your dick off.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:25 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
looks familiar lol...do u want red?

oh and i love my car pick up a nice 92-95 325is..or if u have the money and insurance a 95 m3

#7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:46 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
ya man i like the red. i dont care what the color is as long as its not black or green.(black shows everything and i just dont like green)

Quote:
The manifold connects to the head, the head to the block. Using the word "manifold" to describe the block would be like calling a girl's face her vagina. Sure you could try to fuck it but she'll probably get mad and bite your dick off.
#8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:56 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_kj_23
...i just dont like green)

Green is the ultimate sleeper color

#9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:02 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz

Green is the ultimate sleeper color

#10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:33 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
^^ ... let me live in my fantasy world....

You have to admit my green car does not seem as powerful to the uneducated (in terms of automotives) person as would a helrot, estoril, or dakar yellow e36

#11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
best of luck.. and to the forums... lots to learn.. u should check out some of the larger threads about the e36, and some common problems with it..

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
#12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
e36's are absolutely great and nice looking cars. If you are into modifcations then there are endless possibilities for you at a resonable price (but still consider it is a BMW). Hope you stick around enjoy!

Welcome to bimmerwerkz.com, Good Luck on the car!

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 12:21 AM

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
For 12.5k canadian you could get a 1994-1995 325is (which is the coupe). 95 and before are good because it is OBDI, in 96 they went to OBDII which is more restrictive and harder to mod. I think we have a FAQ thread around here to help tell you more specifically things to look for and keep an eye out for. I look forward to welcoming you in the fold.
#14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 12:48 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
cool and thanks again for all the help. since i have herd so many positive things about the E36 i think iam hooked.it will be a nice change from the old Talon.

Quote:
#15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 02:31 PM
2nd Gear Member

SpooldUp will become famous soon enough SpooldUp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SpooldUp
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_kj_23
cool and thanks again for all the help. since i have herd so many positive things about the E36 i think iam hooked.it will be a nice change from the old Talon.
Chicks dig both Talons and BMWs. So both are good choices.

What gen talon do you have? Tsi's are fast hehe

'99 323i 5spd

<CENTER>

</CENTER>

where's my beer?
best website ever

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)