BMW Werkz banner

New Tires

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  roguesniper1 
#1 ·
Just ordered new tires (Yokohama AVS dB S2- Ultra high - all season) :D from tirerack. I am looking forward to putting them them. Still have the dreaded winter tires on. Even though my winter tires are excellent (dunlop Sport M3s) and rated HR, I can't wait to replace them with what I just ordered. I was leaning toward the Yoko EVS 100 series but decided to get the all-season ones, since I won't be able to maximize thier true potential and longer tread life helps too. My 325i is a daily driver and averages about 85-100 miles a day. :banghead Anyone else had experience from the tires mentioned above, please care to share :)

#2 ·
Please tell me how you feel about those - I was going to purchase those for my 318, but ended up getting Kumho's for the price (the Avid Ecsta H4s). Looking to get PZero's for my m3... I wanted to recommend those Yoko's for my gf, but having not ridden them...

#3 ·
Yoks are great, I'm sure you'll be happy. My brother has ES-100s on his Z TT, and loves them. Quiet and sticky, a great combo.

I just got new tires yesterday. YIPEE!! I needed them so bad.

I went with BFG KDW-2's, also purchased from the tirerack.

225/45ZR17 upfront
255/40ZR17 out back (heh, heh)

They are wicked lookin, have unbelievable grip, and have an excellent wet weather rating for an ultra high performance tire. They even have a tread wear rating that might lead to me getting 25K miles out of them, which is unheard of for an ultra high performance tire. My only complaint is that they are a bit noisy above 80mph, but I'm hoping that might wear off after a few thousand miles. Great value though, at this point, I would definitely recomend them.

It was between these and the Pirelli P-Zero system, and honestly, I just couldn't justify the extra cash for those, considering they have a tread wear rating of 140 (probably less than 12K miles out of them). I also had two guys at the tirerack say don't by them, their not worth it. On a side note, the two guys were Bruno and Vinnie. Is the tirerack run by the mob? :p

read more here

#4 ·
Are we talking about the same PZero Nero M&S's? I know from experience that Pirellis tend to have sidewall issues, but I plan on getting the warranty to cover that.
Otherwise, I'd have to go with Kumho's because I can't justify the $200 a tire Michelins.

Or I could get the michelin's in the front and stick the Kumho's/Pirelli's in the back?
Hmm... I'm looking at standard m3 sizes though (225/45x17"front, 245/40x17"rear).
Any suggestions? Keep in mind that I'm looking for a long treadlife and all-season, as I'm looking for something to keep me until I have money to get some blizzaks and some real tires.

#5 ·
I wouldn't put Kuhmo's on my lawn tractor. I've owned them before, as I was told they were a great tire for the money....b.s.

I've owned a ton of different tires over the years(I go through them rather quickly), but I've never had Pirelli's. No, I wasn't looking at the Nero's I was looking at the P-Zero system. A lot more money than the Neros, but supposedly worth it. Heck Ferrari uses them in F1 racing, and Pirelli is supposed to have a strong name, but everyone I talked to said they are all hype.

I keep coming back to Bridgestone, BFG, and Yoks. Three great companies that all make great products for the money. Michelin is also a great tire company, but they are horribly overpriced.

#9 ·
potenza's wear down as fast as my kumho's, just incase anyone wanted to know. I'm gunna get 10K out of them if i'm lucky

#10 ·
Just drove 47 miles on new Yoko AVS Db S2 and so far they were great. Noticed less roll during highway lane changes and no squealing on the off ramp at triple the posted speed limit. I am going to post a full review by next week Thursday. Going to give em good workout during this weekend :D . On the down side, I don't think these tires are going to last very long, so I might have to go easy on them. The threads are very innovative and sexay, with dual outlets for water and to reduce hydroplaning. But, at the same time they are not what one would call a long term tire :p . I will be happy as long as i can get about 20K miles out of them. :rock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.