BMW Werkz banner

New Tire Needed

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Speedy-325is 
#1 ·
Hey all I need a new rear-right tire, the current one is illegally bald. The front tires are toyo proxies t1-s (225,40,18), and I don't even remember what the two back tires are, they're both different. I've been researching getting a new toyo tire, and the best price i can find shipped, not installed is $180. My question is if it's worth the money for the tire, or is there a cheaper tire with almost the same performance? Thanks for any input.

#4 ·
Yea.. you wouldnt be disapointed... but you will be at a lose for money... in my opinion... as my car goes through tires like its cool... Depending upon how you drive... "free spirited".. or "old person" driver... If you were the latter half.. then spend your money.. if your gonna actually use that tire... dont waste your money .. you can find a if not equal tire for less money that will still give about the same performance. Kumhos are great tires.. cheap too... I've been through about 15 sets now... MXs are good model.. and so are the 712s.. exsta supras...

Good Luck

Les

#6 ·
check out the Yokohama ES 100's.
the tread is better than toyo, so they grip berret, and wear down alot slower but due to designing, still have the same rating. i think they are better than kuhmo and toyo's. i have a hard time getting them to scream in the corners like the others.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.