BMW Werkz banner

new owner with issues.Clicking noise and abs light and more

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MaClaud10 
#1 ·
ok i just bought a used 97 328i mostly stock it has a remus exhaust and wheels off of a 328is but i was missing one lug stud so i found one the exact same thread pattern but when i put it on and backed up i heard a crunching noise like plastic breaking and my abs and traction lights came on immediatly so i freaked out and took the lug back off now when i drive the car it makes and constant clicking noise as the wheels turns with or without the lug...was the lug too long and messed something up? has this ever happend to anyone? :eek:hnoes

#2 · (Edited)
you might have something inside the wheel hub did you use the BMW or something else? you might of broken the ABS sensor. which wheel is it making the noice, if its this you might want to look behind the rotor youll see the ABS sensor its #7 in this picture
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BG13&mospid=47485&btnr=31_0420&hg=31&fg=10&hl=44[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.