New Here - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 01:52 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
allill is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
hello bimmerwerkz!

i'm new here and am sure that there is a wealth of information here. i've owned my e36 318ic 5 speed since new in 1994. i dropped it on h&r springs back in '95, had 18" mk's on it untill they got stolen. the car has 94k on the clock, the best beat i've heard in a drop top- especially a bmw drop top with that solid panel behind the rear seat, and now sits on the stock 15" skinny rims that i have since gotten used to. i will attatch photos. i used to wish that i got a car with more power but with the gas prices being so damn high, i'm glad my little engine gets the gas mileage it gets. i'll try to post photos. the car has never had any paint work or accident damage and runs like a champ. when i do need power, i take out my 993.

-allill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear_e36s_and_993.gif
Views:	39
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	21199   Click image for larger version

Name:	green_machine.gif
Views:	34
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	21202  

1996 993 cab
1994 e36ic
1990 corrado g60
1975 stingray
2000 deville
1989 b2200 rust bucket (holding on to dear life)
1992 typhoon (gone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 04:11 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute

Wow , a 318ic among those other cars. I'd like to hear the story behind that.

Nice looking car btw.
#3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Let me guess... you like convertibles?

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 05:14 PM
n00b

allill is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
drop tops are great, too bad i live in sf where the weather is overcast like 70% of the time. i bought the 318ic because my sister was at the dealership putting one on order (the light green one in the photo). it was the newest coolest convertible that day so i went and got one on the spot. had no intention of getting it, i was happy with my vw. i wanted to get an m3 but my dad had (and still has) a 91 m5 and i figured i could open that up every now and then just to get my fix. so i ended up with th e318ic, hated the performance, loved the looks. tinkered with it a bit in the years- lowered, stereo, rims- but never did any engine mods. i really love the gas mileage! it's like a prius but better! whenever i got fed up with it's lack of performance, i'd drive another car. i've been driving my 993 more than usual lately but the gas consuption is so high, i'll be rolling in the green machine more soon. that and i've got the upgrade bug again. the bmw is so cheap in terrms of parts compared to the porsche. that car is ridiculously expensive to play with. that car has sat in stock form longer than any car i've had. even my cadillac has chrome wheels and white walls! as far as the 318ic, i think it's a great car for what it is. i've seen posts of people complaining about the performance, but that's a given. m cars are monsters, our 4 bangers aren't. but they are probably the best looking economical cars out there.

1996 993 cab
1994 e36ic
1990 corrado g60
1975 stingray
2000 deville
1989 b2200 rust bucket (holding on to dear life)
1992 typhoon (gone)
#5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 05:21 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Well put.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)