BMW Werkz banner

New Guy

887 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BeemerMan 
#1 ·
I am sure like most forums you get a ton of newbie questions so I'll keep it short, right now I am 23 and driving an 87 Corvette, as much as I love it, its gotta go, my insurance just went way up (I have a clean record), and I just need some thing slightly more practical, I have always loved the E36 3 series and just recently began looking at the 318ti. Is there anything major I should know about when looking for one?? What motor does it have?? and this one is really bad is it fwd or rwd, I would imagine its rear but just checking. How reliable are they?? Are parts easy to get?? I guess thats it for now. thanks in advance for any information

#2 ·
where do you live??? If your from california or oregon, I can save you a ton of $$$ on insurance. I don't like the ti, I prefer the i, I own a 318i and love it very much. But if the ti is your preference, then go ahead and buy it. I don't know much about the ti but I assume parts are easy to get and believe that any bmw is dependable. Just make sure you Thoroughly check the car, like the oil, fluids, leaks, accidents, and if there's a service history look at it. Question eveything before you buy it, afterall its an investment. Good Luck! :thumbs

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.