New to forums and new to bmw..my story - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iceburgx5 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
New to forums and new to bmw..my story

So i picked up my 94 325i about a month and a half ago from a kid that completely destroyed it. I mean the problems with the car were endless. Hood was destroyed,radiator was held in with wire, fans were taken off the car, steering was locked, ignition destroyed, car started with screwdriver,both front door handles broken, tail lights spray painted,interior ripped apart, car wouldn't go into gear and there was rust and dents galore.

The car was just a total wreck. Being on a tight budget as this being a project car i did all of the reading I could to find out how things work with the e36's and went to work. I mean it is far from done but i've done a lot of work getting the car drivable.

Since there are no cars around here to pick parts from i had to do a lot of internet purchases to get the new hood, doors and everything else. I got a set of the LED tails and tinted them out the right way, picked up a set of 10k HID's..fixed all of the wiring throughout the car. I also picked up a new fan, bought all the correct mounts and did a full tune up including o2 sensors. I bypassed the steering lock and fixed all of the shifting issues that were caused by clutch stop being turned out 10 turns. I decided to go with a complete keyless push button start set up with a toggle ignition switch.

I wanted to do something different with the car so i decided to go with satin black. Since these were taken i have since lowered it on H&R's and picked up a new set of side skirts. Here is my progress from beginning when i picked it up trashed to most recent. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by iceburgx5; 09-07-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:11 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Congratz on totally amazing progress!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
Doing work. Welcome to the Werkz and welcome to the BMW world. Nice to see a mistreated car coming back to life.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:01 PM
n00b

iceburgx5 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys. I've done a lot of work but i'm still far from done. This car was trashed so i'm trying to bring it back and put a spin of my own on it at the same time. It's not easy being just married with a baby on the way. The wife calls it my mistress lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)