BMW Werkz banner

New to the forum

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jllphan 
#1 ·
hey whats up everyone

i just bought a black 95 325is with a stick, grey interior
everythings in good condition

i plan on replacing the head unit with a cd player soon (alpine. duh)

and the stereo right now has the damn security code problem, and i havent gotten a chance to goto the dealership to get the code.

oh well, this car is amazing (hopefully the picture will show up down below, i made it as an attachment, if not ill be back with a picture) :cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
:welcome to the forums!!

You will totally enjoy that car. In find myself making up excuses to go places!

A Black "is" isn't that easy to find (especially 5spd), I should know took me 6 mnths. to find a decent one.

If it came with a manual purse thingy in the glovebox, the code for the radio should be on a card in there, no need to call the dealer.

#5 ·
Yeah, those M rims are pretty tight. How much did you pay for it?

#7 ·
Sweet!

Mods I sugest (and sugest to everyone with a fairly stock E36):
1. Euopean Elipsoids.
2. Paint bumpers & match sideskirts. DIY link DIY link2 DIY link3
3. Clear corners look good on black, depends on your tastes (esp. if you get non-ricey ones)
4. Preformance mods, such as: bilstine (sp.) shocks\springs, Xbraces, varrious M part replacements (such as failing shock mounts, & some varrious bushings)

If your not into the modding scene (items I sugested retain the stock look, but make the car appear much better) If you dont want to do anything to it, at least look into the european elipsoid headlights (ZKW all the way, Don't get Depo!!!). They are so much better in their light projection than the plastic american ones (elipsoids are actually glass).

Have fun with your car and take care of it!

#8 ·
i paid $10,000 for it, but even though thats a little steep, the condition is like brand new, so i wasnt gonna pass on that.

i think the rims were added recently, the tires and brakes are brand new

and thanks to jllphan, you saved me a trip to the dealer man

another picture down low

Attachments

#9 ·
ahhh, the security code wont work :banghead

any ideas? maybe the man i bought it from had a new stereo installed or something

#10 ·
There really aren't any tricks to the code. You pretty much have to know it or go to the dealer. My friend's Integra had the same problem once and the dealer couldn't find a code for it. He ended up having to buy a new deck. If you want, you can disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes, then reconnect and try the code again. That usually resets it.

#11 ·
It's quite likely that the previous owner added an aftermarket deck and ditched the oem deck.

Then when he went to sell it, he just found an oem deck at a junkyard or something.

The info in your purse thingy should have an id number. Cross reference that with the head unit in your car to see if they match. IF not, then the aforementioned is the case.

If they do match up, take a deep breath and try the code again! :lmao2

BTW, don't visit this forum too much, you will be influenced to by all kinds of cool crap for your car. That's what happened to me, it looks great, but man I'm poor! :uggh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.