| Originally posted by jllphan@Mar 25 2004, 01:43 AM |
To anyone else reading this thread that doesn't buy a set of these offf of ebay i though i'd include my final two cents (remember i'm the angel eye expert, heh heh...
depo lenses do suck compared to ZKW's they are cheap and can come with h7 lenses that are dimmer compared to the ZKW's h1 bulb. The ZKW also has much better plastics and is just made better in general (as i stated earlier). And i'm sure our sponsor can set us up with tthose, if not umnitza certainly can, i should know, i' m a happy customer!!
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Just need to clarify
DEPO lenses (both the outer glass and the inner refractory lenses) are lower quality in 3 major ways:
1) outer glass is thinner and wavy
2) outer glass is poorly "lined" <-- the character lines are wavy
3) inner refractory lenses fit weird and are very unsubstantial
DEPO refectors and projectors are lower quality in 2 main ways:
1) Lower quality (less output) projector - not significant, but identifiable side to side.
2) Lower quality reflector (rougher texture).
H7 bulbs (not lenses) provide slightly (50-100 lumens) less output than H1s.
In a lower quality projector, that means less and less output.
And finally, we sell both, so there is 0, none, zilch bias. We just tell it like it is.
We've never had anyone return a ZKW, but we've had plenty of DEPO converts to the ZKWs. The quality is noticeable.