New Car - Has a Few Issues I Need Help With - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 06:39 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bforbushx is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
New Car - Has a Few Issues I Need Help With

Hey! Just made a thread asking about this car, and wether or not I should pick it up or not, but I got a good feeling about it and ended up picking it up for $600 less than what he was asking, so I'm happy.

Anyway, it's a '95 325is, 150k miles, auto, smooth engine, relatively smooth trans, etc..

But, it does have some issues that I need to adress soon.

Problem 1: One of which I found today. I went to pull out of my driveway (rocks, usually cars spin a little pulling out) and as soon as I put my car into drive it stalled. I put it in nuetral, fired it up just fine, and it did it again! I ended up just double footing it to get out. I also noticed it has a sporadic idle (from time to time) and sometimes high idle. Now, question is, could a TPS cause this, and the stalling issue? It pulls out fine on flat ground 95% of the time just so ya know though. Ideas before I drop some $$?

Problem 2: My right rear brake light keeps going out. I took it out and looked at it, the bulb is not burnt out, and when I put it back in it worked for a few miles, then stopped again; ideas?

Thanks in advanced! Any help at all is appreciated, I'm very new to BMW's, but I can usually figure things out if I know what i'm looking for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Neutral Member

Texbeamer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

First of all you should check the engine comp and see if it has any codes and go from there
second the tail lights tend to develop bad contacts where the bulb housings sit so sometimes you can wiggle it around and it works fine that is what i did a while back and it is still working.
welcome to the bmw world
#3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:32 PM
n00b

bforbushx is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texbeamer View Post
First of all you should check the engine comp and see if it has any codes and go from there
second the tail lights tend to develop bad contacts where the bulb housings sit so sometimes you can wiggle it around and it works fine that is what i did a while back and it is still working.
welcome to the bmw world
Thanks! Go get the codes run at autozone or something? I've messed with the tail light a bit, got it to work but it shut off after a few miles. I'll take it apart tomorrow and see if I can find anything, and I'll clean all the connections. Thanks for the welcome haha! I've always wanted a Bimmer, overjoyed to finally be driving one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)