Need Tire advice... and I love good car owners.. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
Need Tire advice... and I love good car owners..

So friday I noticed my car was pulling left... after much cursing and coming to my destination I realize that my driver side tire was kinda flat. I hit it with an air compressor and go on my way. I leave it sitting for a while and come back and it's flat again. So I go to the local gas station to be lazy and have them take it off. Unfortunately the inner side wall is slashed to the metal... oh well there goes that tire (Toyo Proxy).

I dig in the back and to my great surprise is another M3 wheel with a brand new Michelin Pilot on there. (woot!).

So here's my problem, I can't find tires like that where I live, except maybe one place and I'll give them a call tomorrow. My other 3 tires need to be replaced soon any way. I've checked tire rack and they don't have the Toyo's in stock and the pilots are about $200 per tire. I noticed they are having a closeout on the Pirelli PZero Nero for like $100 each...

Any opinions on what I should go for? I would love to have the pilots back on there, but not for $800. I've used bridge stone potenza's and were satisfied with them on my 318.

I don't really care whether I get summer or all weather high/ultra high performance. This car will almost never see ice or snow. And I don't play around in the rain... unless it's in a parking lot.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Check out the Kumho Ecsta ASX. Very good tire for the money.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
W00T

Car: 1991 E30 318i 2008 E92 328i
Photos:
Numark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
if you have the money my Michelin Pilots were fucking amazing.

At the limit they were very friendly, and I never broke it loose without wanting to. My buddy in his 350z(with proxes) was slidding around corners behind me.

BUT...they only lasted me 9k miles. and like you say..expensive.

I have BF goodrich on my 318. I like em. Replacing my michelins with em.

Read reviews on the kumhos, cause some are supposed to be noisy.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
I've heard mixed things about the Khumo, not sure if I can be really confident about them.

The pilots are just too expensive. I'm not paying $800 plus shipping for tires that can wear out that quickly.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
W00T

Car: 1991 E30 318i 2008 E92 328i
Photos:
Numark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid View Post
I've heard mixed things about the Khumo, not sure if I can be really confident about them.

The pilots are just too expensive. I'm not paying $800 plus shipping for tires that can wear out that quickly.
i say bf goodrich. or hankooks. my 318 had em. pretty long tread life and they stuck to the road. I think tirerack has them now.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 2004 ZHP 6SPD
Photos:
bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Anything with a treadwear of less than 340 will not last longer than 15k miles most likely, and they tend to be ultra high performance and expensive.

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
bimmerguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)