BMW Werkz banner

Need Some Help PLEASE!!

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  olds72 
#1 ·
1997 BMW E36 328i

I am writing to you because, honestly I have had enough of this automatic transmission jerking. It is too much, and needs to be fixed.

I have read that by changing the transmission fluid, usually gets rid of this problem, and I believe that is what needs to be done with my car as well.

My symptoms are as follows. When my car starts, and is cool, I seem to have no problem. Once the engine temperature has reached mid-way, the problem begins, so usually about a good 20-30 minutes into the drive and I stop, the problem starts. At a stop light, the car sometimes, might make a tiny little jerk, then when I begin to accelerate, it seems to be slipping and eventually jerking and slamming into gear. Not a very comfortable feeling. Once I am moving I dont seem to have a problem.

So my question to all of you is, is it the fluid that needs changing, or am I looking at a more costly repair?

i also had a test ran on the transmission and a torque converter code was shown and the fluid was burned

See less See more
#3 ·
How many miles on the car?

#7 ·
Honestly guys I think it's too late, I think changing the fluid will hurt, but I think the tranny is on its last legs anyway. 150K is way too late to be changing the fluid for the first time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.