Need Some Answers- Please... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 09:03 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Red93B3M2W5i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Red93B3M2W5i Send a message via Yahoo to Red93B3M2W5i
(Thread Starter)
Need Some Answers- Please...

Ok, I am going to turbo my 93 325i this winter, because I don't drive it in the winter and this will give me time to build the motor and install the turbo kit. I am just wondering where I should purchase all of my internals from? I'm not going to bore and stroke the motor, but I need low compression pistons/rings, cams, rods, and anything else anyone can think of? I will get the block and head sent out to the machine shop to get polished and all that shit. I don't know everything that needs to be done, but all the labor will be done by me and my father who is an aircraft mechanic and is very good with cars as well. I already know what turbo kit I am getting and I'm getting UUC Exhaust so that is all taken care of can anyone else tell me what I need to do or get done and where I can get those internals? Also what about injectors? Thank You Very Much...

P.S.- This is the turbo kit I am getting-
http://www.turbo-kits.com/325_turbo_kits.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

nobrakese36 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nobrakese36
your crank is forgeded so get it balanced to increase your redline,your rods are forged so dont waste your money on that, your valves are sodium filled so thats covered, your pistons are high compression so you will need new low compression ones, there actually on ebay right now its under bmw m42 pistons, what turbo are you gonna get show a brother where he can find the kit for his 318is

so here is what else i found on pelican parts

Forged crank stock
Forged Rods stock
4 Valves per cylinder flows very well
New combustion chamber designed to maximize squish and fuel mixing for a complete burn
Integrated piston oil squirters (very beneficial for boosting, cools piston crown)
Sodium Filled valves (once again dissapates heat, great for boosting)
Strong iron block
No timing belt to break
Very well balanced and likes to rev

Also came with 4:10 LS and 5 spd (this is going to be fun)

Yeah it's only 1.8l but @22lbs of intercooled boost I should net over 370 fwhp. I think this should give most m3's a good run for their money lol
#3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 11:43 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
I am not to sure where to find a turbo kit for you car man... I want to say thank you for all the helpful information. I think later this week I am going to go to this local performance shop by my house and get a list of parts i should get to turbo this motor successfully without blowing shit up. Once again I want to say thanks and any other information would be helpful and greatly appreciated. sorry i couldnt have been more of a help to you, for I don't have much knowledge of this. Thanks Again...
#4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 12:04 AM
1st Gear Member

nobrakese36 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nobrakese36
thats cool dont worry about it, i believe mustang injectors will fit, actually im pretty sure, when i had my 1987 535is the mustang injectors were a direcet fit and since the original injectors are the same as the 535is as the e36 318 they should work try ebay im a ebay juinkie they come in 24lb and 19lb
#5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 12:44 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
BMP has some good parts. Call Ireland Engineering, those guys are really helpful and have the most experiance with race prepared BMWs this side of that little puddle. If they do not have parts for you, they can definately give you info.
#6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 07:56 PM
3rd Gear Member

kyle_baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kyle_baker Send a message via MSN to kyle_baker Send a message via Yahoo to kyle_baker Send a message via Skype™ to kyle_baker
hey guys, i don't wanna steal this thread or anything, but just wondering, when installing a turbo is it 100% necessary to upgrade the pistons and all or will it get by fine without rebuilding the engine? i'm jsut wondering cause if it is a "have to do" thing then i prolly won't be doing this for a while seeing as how it costs quiet a bit to have work like that done. i have some good friends that works on turbos and can install them so that part wouldn't be too expensive but then motor work like rebuilding and stuff would push it out of my price range for now, lol. thanx, just wondering.

also, some guys on a local forum i'm on suggested i ask if anyone here has this kit and can let me know how it works and all and also ask about the ecu stuff to control it and tune it, does it come with any controlling hardware? or does anyone know?

Last edited by kyle_baker; 09-06-2005 at 10:35 PM.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 12:56 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
You do not have to upgrade any part of your engine at all to install a turbo. However, it is highly recommended when running any boost to upgrade as much of the engine as possible. It will help to ensure the longevity of your engine, increase your gains from the turbo, and be cheaper in the long run (assuming you have the setup right and do not blow your engine apart); depending on how long you have the car, how much you drive it, and how hard you drive it.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 09:33 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Alright well this is what I have decided. I am going to send my car to AA Tuning or this place in Jersey, (I forget the name of it off the top of my head) sorry. I am leaning more towards the place in Jersey, but anyways... I am gonna have them do an M3 motor swap and change it to a 5 speed, also they are going to completely build the entire motor. They are going to custom fabricate a turbo kit for me as well. I am going to get the full AA tuning exhaust. They are going to do all this and tune it for me, I won't say price because well ya, hahaha. I am hoping to have this done by this summer so I will keep posting on what is going on. Thanks a lot...happy bimmering....
#9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 09:35 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
You have to keep us updated man. Soem of us live vicariously off of people like you.

#10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:15 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Alright guys, sorry I didn't mean to get your all's hopes up...I was just like looking into my money situation, and I have plenty enough money to do all of this, but then I began to think more and more about it. I think I will wait a little longer and I will find an M3 that i really like and purchase it, then mod it from there. But ya i just wanted to apologize to anyone if I got their hopes up. SORRY!!! Thanks for all the advice, Happy Bimmering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)