BMW Werkz banner

Need New Headlight Bulbs

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  polaris448 
#1 ·
I need new bulbs for my headlights and want to get something better than the standard bulbs.

My mate has angel eyes but I can't afford these right now

another mate has blue bulbs which produce a much better light at night but don't look too good in the day as the headlights have a blue tinge to them.

I'd like to get a nice blue or bright white light at night (instead on usual orange tinge) but have the lights look normal in the day.

I've seen these on ebay too....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LUCAS-BLUE-LIGHTENIN...1QQcmdZViewItem

does anyone if they're the best to get or can anyone help otherwise?

thanks if u can!

#2 ·
I have heard that sylvania silverstars are supposed to be good bulbs for a stock replacement. At least that was the concensus on this forum.

#3 ·
Originally posted by Rookie@Aug 30 2005, 11:29 AM
I have heard that sylvania silverstars are supposed to be good bulbs for a stock replacement. At least that was the concensus on this forum.
[snapback]373347[/snapback]​
Very good bulbs, some of the brightest light on the roads. And also affordable! If you're lucky you can snag a set off of e-bay for under $20!!!

#4 ·
I've got silverstars in both my headlights and fogs, they're pretty good i guess, unless you're planning to see a mile ahead of you then you're out of luck with silverstars. Others have said PIAA Superwhites or something are better, but I've gone up a few mountain roads at night (no street lights) and I can see just fine. A bit on the pricey side though, I got all 4 for about 75 with resale discount.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

the only ones available on ebay are OSRAM silverstars. Are these the same or just a cheap copy?

Also I see there are 2 different types of bulbs for a '95 320i. 9006 for High/Low and also 9005 for just High. Does that mean the 9006's will fit all the lights?

sorry if i'm a noob!

thanks!

#6 ·
I have never heard of OSRAM Silverstars. A link would help. I say make sure you get Sylvania Silverstars. That is what I have -- very good for regular bulbs. I would recommend that you get a set of 9006s and a set of 9005s. I am not certain that the 9006s will fit the low beams; they might, but I don't want to mess things up for you.

#9 ·
thx peeps!

I'm gonna order some OSRAM's now!

Thx drz but does anyone else know about 9006 being all you need?? or do i need both 9006 and 9005?

Also, Cruzin 323is, what do you mean by the plastic lenses? Do you mean the grey plastic surround? Everything else is glass on mine.

thx again to all that help me get my shit hooked up!

#10 ·
Oh you must have euro spec headlights. If they are glass and not plastic. In that case you may want to look and see exactly which bulb you will need. I know that a EURO elipsiod takes an H1 bulb. At least mine do. Also I put about a $150 bucks worth of PIAA high and low bulbs lights in my car, and 1 bulb has already blown up. SO.... I would recommend just putting in sylvania silverstars. The look is the same and they are about half the price.

#11 ·
I love PIAA and think that they are the brightest next to HID. The only problem is that they do sometime blow. There is another side to this though, being that PIAA stands behind their product and offers a one year warrenty and they are not stingy on that either. They will still give the replacements if you had them for 13 or 14 months. Also be careful in what you buy. I tried to go the cheap route before and the blue and higher temp bulbs were actually worse than stock. I bought my PIAA bulbs from a retailer for $65 which is a descent price. I also did an upgrade to angel eyes w/ the glass lenses. Personally I think that a bright lighting system that is aimed correctly is worth every penny when the diffenrece of seeing something a couple of seconds sooner. Trust me I almost hit a fricken horse running down the middle of the road when it was pitch black out. I feel that the this combo saved me that night!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.