need m3 swap - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kmxar15 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
need m3 swap

i want to swap my 1992 325i engine for a 95 m3.. were can i find an engine online
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
.... Are you serious about the swap?
If so Ebay has some I warn you M engine ARE expensive...

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
I hate to bash you here on your second post... but please... pretty pretty please with sugar on top, cherry and whipped cream... nuts... whatever you like and do a little searching on your own. We've covered what you need some good places to get it, things to watch out for in countless other threads.

If you are wanting to do this and you can't source the engine on your own, my advice is to stop now or just get out your check book and go write one for $15,000 to a reputable BMW shop near you and tell them to keep the change (if there is any, just in case make sure you have another check in your check book) and make sure you leave your phone number for when they are done.

There are tons of them out there. Where you get them depends on where you live... and I see there's no location information given...

And before some one says it. Yes, it really is easier to type this than answer the question. Honest.

Talk to Saylee or one of the other people that are still around that came asking this question. They might save you some money and talk you out of it.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
I'm tired of people Saying they wanna swap engines and Duck out when they relize the money and effort needed We should make a sticky somewhere titled "So you wanna do an Engine Swap Click Here First" Explaining the cost and effort to do one.... When I even Mention I wanna do a swap people ay you ain't going threw with it because everyone ducks out... I've done my benz and doing a Jag and now getting the shit for my 3rd swap.... people need to relize that it isn't just getting the engine in and bolted it is all the other little stuff that is hard(Electronics/Fuel/Exhaust/Cooling/ A/C /Powersteering ect.)..... I Thinks that a sticky or something is in order.....

If you HAVE the experience,tools,and the time then good I'll be happy to help But these engines are VERY common and easy to find.... Please use the search feature in the future... PM me if you any need help with it..........

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 AM
n00b

kmxar15 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
wow.. didn't expect these responses. My bad to waste everyones time.. Let me put it this way.. I WANT to do an engine swap with an m3 but its looking a little steep. Like 2500 verses 5 to 800 for the orginal engine. Only reason i got this idea was because my car is pushing 200k on the orginal motor so it was only a precautionary thought. I might not even need to do it. My engine sounds strong. I do have the time and people who can help me swap it out. Thanks for your guy's help anyway
#6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 12:34 AM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmxar15 View Post
wow.. didn't expect these responses. My bad to waste everyones time.. Let me put it this way.. I WANT to do an engine swap with an m3 but its looking a little steep. Like 2500 verses 5 to 800 for the orginal engine. Only reason i got this idea was because my car is pushing 200k on the orginal motor so it was only a precautionary thought. I might not even need to do it. My engine sounds strong. I do have the time and people who can help me swap it out. Thanks for your guy's help anyway
my advice....on a bmw, unless its not broke dont fix it...if ur motor is still going, leave it, when it dies, u can probably get a m3 engine for like 2-3K. the swap should be striaght forward. its not that tough, depending on ur mechanic level, but, if ur not that good with a wrench, id stay away from it and just get the same motor. also, ur car will still be a non-m3. The prices of m3's are going down alot, y not just pick up a 95 m3 for like 6-7K?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)