need a little help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 02:57 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bimmer3214 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
need a little help

Yesterday i drove down to Jacksonville from savannah which is about 2 hours or less and right when i get on the highway i feel my car jerk to the left and sometimes the right, but i figured it was the wind because it was blowing a little so i let it go and put on cruise control at 80mph and it continued all the way there. So i left at around 6 or 6:30 to come home and it started doing it again and there was no wind this time. My cruise control also stopped working i could acc. with it but it would resume speed. anybody have any ideas of what happen with either of these?

Also about two nights ago i was driving and when i acc. kinda fast it would stutter majorly. this was at low speeds and highspeeds anything above like 3000 rpms it would do it. Ideas on this?

I have a 1994 325i convertible 65xxx miles on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 03:10 PM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Sounds like you have mechanical problems (check tires/suspension/ c arms) and fuel related problems (stuttering when accelerated) and electrical problems (cruise control).

That is just for starters. Someone else should offer you more help. But you should state what recent servicing or known problems you car has had.

Also that car has unusually low milage for it's year so that is also a red flag. why?

#3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 05:08 PM
1st Gear Member

BImmerN2B is an unknown quantity at this point
checks your coils with a voltmeter. there is a good section on the Bentley manual that you can download at the top of the forum
#4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 05:24 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
check ur injectors and fuel filter, air flow meter and intake filter for the stutter...as for the swirving left and rigth, start by checking the tires, tread and air..then go into more detail like the ball joints or suspension or control arms...

#5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 09:01 PM
3rd Gear Member

bimmer3214 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
thanks for the help, today when i went driving it didnt swerve but the cruise did not work, and del i dont know why such low miles i thought it was a good buy because it didnt have many on it

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)