BMW Werkz banner

Need help finding stock camshaft specs

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Zq-8_dawg 
#1 ·
I am researching to see if I could gain anything by swapping a cam or cams with another BMW DOHC 4 cylinder engine.

I am particualrly interested in finding the specs for the M44 cams, the M42 cams, and the 4 cylinder M cams.

If anyone can help me locate these specs or give me an idea where I might locate them, it would be grately appriciated.

The reason I am interested in this is because I know that on the 2.4L GM engine if you can swap cams from their previous 2.3L version and get respectable gains, so I feel it might be worth researching on the BMW's too.

#3 ·
exactly Kevin, I tried asking the dealer and they said they did not have the info, I tried numerous forums nothing, I tried machine shops, still nothing. So maybe I am looking in the wrong places???? But they are out there somewhere.

I am half tempted to go to the dealer and order the 3 intake and 3 exhaust cams that I am interested in, take them to a shop and have them all measure then I would know the specs, and if I couldn't use them I would just return them. I hope it doesn't come down to that though.

#4 ·
I assume you are looking for port/valve lift and timing specs? :dunno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.