BMW Werkz banner

Need Help/advice About My Ac/climate Control

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  xorbital0 
#1 ·
Ok well I just got my 98' 328i, and the AC doesn't work and I don't really know why. The heater and climate control work, but it just doesnt blow cold air. I can't check if i have refrigerant or not b/c the compressor shut off and I can't check the pressure. Another problem I'm having is the climate control panel turns off sometimes, it just shuts off and gets black and you can't do anything about it, so I'm thinking the AC and this is linked. I've seen posts about replacing a capacitator on the board of the climate control comp, so I'm thinking I will try that first, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced such problems or has any advice? thanks guys, any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
If you climate unit just turns off every now and then, I would replace the capacitor.
When the unit turns off, AC, AC compressor, blower fan etc is also turned off.
Once the climate control is functioning fine, then trouble shoot the AC.
When you say you get the heat, is blower fan working?

#5 ·
I am Dealing with this problem too. I replaced the climate control unit, its brand new, but now, my AC dosen't wanna kick in. I am not sure if its a compressor problem, or a blower motor problem, or a simple fuse... Summer is coming up, and i'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars to fix it.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.